Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

using flash

• 25-04-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to convert a video file to an SWF. I know there are converters, but I'd like to use flash and learn something in the process.

Anyway, I'm using flash 8.

I import the video file and it gives me 4 options:
    Progressive download from a web server
    Stream from Flash video Streaming service
    Stream from flash communication server
    Embed video in SWF and play in timeline

The middle two are special servers I gather. So I tried the first and last one. The first one was easy to use but didn't create a full swf file, it created an swf file with and flv (the video) file. It would be really handy if I could convert this directly into an swf...

The last one seemed like the right option. But I couldn't get the extra functionality like the other one. i.e. play, stop, volume, etc... So I added in a button for play and made the movie stop at the first frame. This worked only the audio and video synchronisation didn't work.

It tells u in the in the options "WARNING: Embedded deployment is likely to cause audio synchonization issues. This option is ONLY recommed for short video clops with no audio track."

So I'm stumpped... is there any way around it?

Advertisement