Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to avoid paying Library fines

Options
  • 25-04-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

How to avoid paying Library fines.

Step 1: Ask friend to take overdue library book into library.

Step 2: Ask them to go to loans desk and to take overdue book out

Step 3: When scanned in , the computer system thinks that overdue book must have been given back already and wasn't properly dealt with and erases fine/s on your account

Simple!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

that actually does not work cause i tried it and still had to pay my 13 quid fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Doubt it would work. Computer is more likely to say book is on loan already. Librarian would be able to see that electronic tag wasn't enabled and therefore unlikely to have been returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tintinr35 wrote:
    that actually does not work cause i tried it and still had to pay my 13 quid fine

End of thread TBH! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'd say what actually happenned the one time it worked is librarian scanned it and just stamped it without looking at the screen. nice try though!

Advertisement