Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ronnie and his left handed shake

• 25-04-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Any one see ronnie only using his left hand to shake peoples hand in his matches so far. Every one is offered it. Any ideas why? He has done it in every round and interval.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Psychological spook perhaps ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

rondeco wrote:
    Any one see ronnie only using his left hand to shake peoples hand in his matches so far. Every one is offered it. Any ideas why? He has done it in every round and interval.

Yeha i'd noticed. Saw him do it again last night and with the refereee. I think it's very poor form from him as its generally accepted that such an action is extremely rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Did i hear a few years ago that Ronnie converted to islam/muslim ? whatever you wanna call it .. If so its a huge insult

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

What's the insult, He has a sore right wrist. He had it bandaged up a bit a few weeks ago at one of the tourneys, but it's still not 100%. They were talking about it on the BBC the other day.

I remember Steve Davis doing the same before because of his sore wrist. (In the UK Championship IIRC about 2 or 3 years ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I don't see how he can still play so well if his wrist is so sore that he can't shake someones hand. I didn't see them talking about that on BBC but maybe your right. It will look funny on the final day if he poses for photos with the trophy shaking his opponents hand like that! That is of course if he make the final!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

I noticed it myself. I'm a fan of Ronnie but he's a strange sort. I find it hard to believe it's anything to do with a sore wrist. It's not an arm wrestle he's getting into...a quick handshake would be nothing to a couple of hours playing snooker. He's just being a muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

yup they did mention that on bbc the other day...Ken Doherty was talkin to John parrot about it...apparently he sprained his hand (or wrist ? ) he can just polay on it but is afraid he might hurt it again if he gets a "bone crusher" :D off a hand shake off someone

Advertisement