Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The procrastination thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wanna study Australian history... is it a choice in 2nd year? I'm doin BA Computer science, so I can do 4 modules of history (+1 that I couldn't do this year cos the timetable clashed). What are the choices, do ya know? I'd like to do American history too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I finished reading a book today. I feel like I've achieved something, even though I know I haven't really. But in my head, I've just beaten the Kukuanas singlehanded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

did sh1t in a +1/-1 neg marking pahrmacology MCQ today, have a biochem lab test worth 15% of overall grade tomorrow at 12, so anything to procrastinate with is good now, such as watching paint dry:o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't go into college again on Thursday. Two weeks I haven't been in and exams for me are on 8th of May...and yet I'm still not in panic mode yet.

My parents don't even bother any more asking me to go in to college.

Some days I consider going in and then I remember Deal or No Deal is on TV.

Studying or Noel Edmonds' witticisms? It's a no-brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

DaveMcG wrote:
    I wanna study Australian history... is it a choice in 2nd year? I'm doin BA Computer science, so I can do 4 modules of history (+1 that I couldn't do this year cos the timetable clashed). What are the choices, do ya know? I'd like to do American history too.

Sorry Dave I only copped that now. There's a lot of choice in the second year electives, I can't remember them all. You do one in the first semester and one in the second. First semester choices had Russia From Tsar to Emperor, American Foreign Policy, something on Medieval Ireland.

There's courses on Japan and Korea (?), Italy from Verdi to Vespa, Australian Social History, France (Hugh Gough, legend). You should definitely find something you like. I took Russia and Australia. I had Ludmila Sharipova for Russia, she's an amazingly good lecturer, she gives an outline at the start of every class but absolutely does not put things in the SU or on Blackboard so you need to attend but she's really nice and her essay titles aren't bad and she gets them back to you really quickly.

At the moment I'm doing Australian. There's a stack of reading for essays on blackboard so you never have trouble getting books in the library, she puts up all her lecture powerpoints as well. The course isn't bad but it spans far too long and the lecturer is a bit all over the place and can't keep on topic. She cancelled several lectures (which was nice) but is still putting the material on the exam (which isn't nice). I'm not enjoying the course tbh, but it does have it perks with blackboard and all.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks for that :)

From those you've mentioned I'd probably do American foreign policy and Oz, but sure I'll have a look-see and decide then. My brother did history too (albeit 8 years ago), so I'll see what he has to say also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

How about this for procrastination. I have a practical exam in 10 mins and I haven't done any work for it. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

I was thinking of procrastinating today but then I said, nah, I'll leave it untill tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Sunny weather and free ice cream - terrible combination altogether. got a grand total of an hour and a half of study today.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DaveMcG wrote:

I actually still have the choice sheet for this year and in the 2nd semester options, one of them is:

Australian social history: a survey, 1788-2000

Professor Hilary Carey
    Wednesdays at 3pm
    Fridays at 9am

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Im just after doing the ultimate procrastionation methinks.

I actually spent half an hour filling out a health survey for the geary institute,but there will be 1000 euro for 10 lucky people who fill out the survey. When they started asking questions about how much money you get off your parents I made out like I had pittens to live on so they'd give me the prize.......hopefully it'll work...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Damn I went for honesty, and I have no income aside from my parents! (I'm spoiled, I know, but the downside is they don't see a need for provision in my allowance for drink/going out :()
    Am procrastinating with rugby sites, which is even worse since I've an exam scheduled for when the final's being played, so it's maybe me feel bad twice over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Spent this afternoon procrastinating by watching the Arsenal Ladies hammer Leeds Ladies 5-0 in the Women's FA Cup Final, thereby completing the League and Cup Double. w00tage.

Doesn't help my preparation for the exams though. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Bleh... i've been in college for 6 hours and written 170words...

i've more interest in the girl beside me's lecture notes than my own... though it would help if i HAD lecture notes....

Bleh... i've been in college for 6 hours and written 170words...

i've more interest in the girl beside me's lecture notes than my own... though it would help if i HAD lecture notes....
    If you were a historian, what you've just written about you're progress and diligence would be a pretty damning indictment of the profession... But then, you ain't a historian yet!:p

Does the girl beside you even have lecture notes that are relevent to your essay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

I have my 4th year finals next week and I havent started studying yet. It feels like summer is here allready and I cant be bothered opening a book. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm now procrastinating about doing my last Unix practical, worth 6% of my grade for the year. I really *should* do it, but then again I also need to cram my ass off! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm still riding the wave of achievement I felt from finishing a book last week. Very bad sign. Then again, I've been working for the last three days -Talbot St., Portumna and Cavan. Not too shabby on the academic procrastination front!

I spent a very productive day doing absolutely nothing. To make it all better, I spent the whole evening in my sisters playing monopoly! The only thing I learnt today is the art of cycling home after having a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I've done nothing, nothing at all, I don't know what half my courses are about and yet I'm sitting at home in my pyjammas wonderinmg about what I want for breakfast.

• Advertisement

Watching The Strangerhood made by RoosterTeeth (the guys who made redvsblue), and about to start compiling an exams 2006 playlist.

Haven't opened a book, glanced at notes or looked at past papers yet.
    I am screwed.

Anyway, as for my Exams 2006 playlist, I like the sound of Failure By Design by Brand New, it is very apposite to my prospects in the exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm procrastinating about doing any work by working out how I can afford a MacBook Pro after the summer... it may involve selling my iBook, but I really want one!

i'm watching eternal sunshine of the spotless mind :) beats studyin or doin a philosophy essay!!!

DaveMcG wrote:
    i'm watching eternal sunshine of the spotless mind :) beats studyin or doin a philosophy essay!!!
    Fcuking great film.
    I remember gettin' my bruv to watch it, forgetting that he'd just broken up with his gf of 4 years very recently. Wasn't a wise move. He was incredibly morose by the end of it... But on the bright side, he did agree with me - It is an absolutely fantastic film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm feeling guilty as I just got up and saw that people have been in the library from 9 :eek:
    Then I'll probably go and play Oblivion or watch The Sopranos. I just haven't decided yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I'm procrastinating about doing any work by working out how I can afford a MacBook Pro after the summer... it may involve selling my iBook, but I really want one!

Get it!
    A girl deserves good things in life!!!!
    If you have any money left over, can I have one, too???? :D
    DaveMcG wrote:

ohhhh....I LOVE that film!!! It's brill!!!

Does eating all the time count as procrastinating too? :o
    \muches away on a bbq chicken wrap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

reading boards and waiting for to "aquire" todays epi of 24.

In between the above im trying to finish this SEP. Which btw DaveMcG will never work but we'll get a few marks for ..i hope ;)

Waltons wrote:
    I'm feeling guilty as I just got up and saw that people have been in the library from 9 :eek:
    Then I'll probably go and play Oblivion or watch The Sopranos. I just haven't decided yet :D
    Oblivion ftw!

B-K-DzR wrote:
    reading boards and waiting for to "aquire" todays epi of 24.

In between the above im trying to finish this SEP. Which btw DaveMcG will never work but we'll get a few marks for ..i hope ;)
    Sure I never expected it to work! I'm not that naive! :D

I sent you a PM btw :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

DaveMcG wrote:
    I sent you a PM btw :)

Young love! :p

Advertisement