Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I bloody hate astras...

Options
  • 25-04-2006 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

92 Astra.. (Don't laugh) NCT'd till 04/07, Nice driver etc... Clutch recently replaced.

About a week ago i noticed a kind of rattling noise, but i was able ti fix it my turning up the CD player a bit. ( :-D)

So on Saturday night i was driving with 4 people in the car and i heard a noise when i clutched, and the car was kind of jumping when i pulled away. Then i go to a roundabout and there was a kind of weird noise and a little bang and the car was no longer drivable. I can clutch in and press the accelerator, but the car doesn't move. The Clutch isn't loose or anything. When i put it in gear and try to accelerate (move) it is rattling kind of lowdly..

second one in 2 months... first one radiator broke, burned the exhaust and then the battery gave up.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Wow 1992 and it has an NCT so it must be ok..............;)

Looks like there is something broke on the car ie drivetrain (cant remember the exact name) but i can picture it in my head.

It has seals and connecting rods which sound like they have broken from 14 years of wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Epicpriest wrote:
    92 Astra.. (Don't laugh) NCT'd till 04/07, Nice driver etc... Clutch recently replaced.

About a week ago i noticed a kind of rattling noise, but i was able ti fix it my turning up the CD player a bit. ( :-D)

So on Saturday night i was driving with 4 people in the car and i heard a noise when i clutched, and the car was kind of jumping when i pulled away. Then i go to a roundabout and there was a kind of weird noise and a little bang and the car was no longer drivable. I can clutch in and press the accelerator, but the car doesn't move. The Clutch isn't loose or anything. When i put it in gear and try to accelerate (move) it is rattling kind of lowdly..

second one in 2 months... first one radiator broke, burned the exhaust and then the battery gave up.

Help!

I don't mean to sound smart, but I think you need to have a mechanic look at the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I have a 95 astra, its currently just getting repaired so it will pass the nct, I've had no problems other then a hole in the exhaust and the timing belt snapping. Its done 120000 miles and I got it for less then 4k about three years ago. It has been an amazing buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

think you should consider buying another car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

colm_mcm wrote:
    think you should consider buying another car

You mean it can't be fixed? This is the second one i've bought in 5 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You mean it can't be fixed? This is the second one i've bought in 5 months.

Are Bartonprince and Epicpriest the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I dunno, maybe he's got multiple personalities, either way they should be able to chip in and buy a new car!

Advertisement