Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Days

Options
  • 25-04-2006 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Two days of college left and i feel nothing but underwhelmed. I could swear i felt more emotion last year at getting my summer holidays and yet a year on with only 4 lectures left in my academic life, nada, zilch, zero, zip etc..

Any one else feeling apathetic towards the end of their college days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Apathetic towards the end of yet another crap college year. The only thing I'm upset about is the thought having another 2 years in this place. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You think that's bad OP, I missed college all last week, have not gone in Monday and Tuesdy of this week (despite a library book that needs returning) and I STILL have not gone into panic mode (which is when I finally do some studying).

I think I'm just fed up with education to be honest. I've been learning since I was 5 or 6 and now I'm just cheesed off with it all.

The sad thing is I will almost certainly face repeat exams and/or repeating the year. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

Jees, it's like listening to a stuck tape with you two guys! :p How about being just a little optimistic for once? It's not all bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I really got hit by Summer today. While reading the last Observer Google called to offer me Summer work; in a ten-minute burst I really felt Summer coming on - and still, yet, haven't hit panic mode, OR started studying. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Haven't been to lectures in a while. I think it will hit be in the library or maybe that will be all the beer.
    Anyway, shame I can't really enjoy my last few weeks in UCD. College was great.

Roll on Trinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sangre wrote:
    Haven't been to lectures in a while. I think it will hit be in the library or maybe that will be all the beer.
    Anyway, shame I can't really enjoy my last few weeks in UCD. College was great.

Roll on Trinity.

You leavin' us then Sangre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Just 2 more days and I'm finished in UCD forever!!!

Ooooh, I like the sound of that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Dr. Octagon

If you can't,won't or have a mental disability that prevents you from studying...

1. Deal with it and start studying

2. Come to terms with the prospect of repeating in sunny August

but do not whine about it...it's sad!

"Oh my god I STILL haven't started studying!!"

No one cares.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

If you can't,won't or have a mental disability that prevents you from studying...

No one cares.....
    I don't know if you'll be able to hear me up on that high horse, but if that actually did happen, the number of threads would be about 4. Also, it's just a way people have of venting their frustration with themselves for leaving themselves in a precarious position. NOT a big deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

yeah i dunno doesnt feel very summery... i think its probably the fact that due to injury i havent been out in 2 months and now i've exams so i cant go out anyway... plus the library isnt as much "fun" this year for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

besty wrote:
    I don't know if you'll be able to hear me up on that high horse, but if that actually did happen, the number of threads would be about 4. Also, it's just a way people have of venting their frustration with themselves for leaving themselves in a precarious position. NOT a big deal!
    Well said Besty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

No one cares.....

Well that's just not true;

Some good listeners, they care about everything or they're very concerned, or even text MOAN/CRY to 53051 (texts charged at €1.50 per minute, replies may be abusive)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Well that's just not true;

Some good listeners, they care about everything or they're very concerned, or even text MOAN/CRY to 53051 (texts charged at €1.50 per minute, replies may be abusive)
    :D
    I'm wondering how texts will be charged per minute though - nice little earner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I realised that at the time, :confused: but for some reason i typed it anyway. I think sub-conciously, my entrepreneurial mind was in overdrive and that i've invented a new method of charging. As in 1.50 per text, then 1.50 per minute between texts and 1.50 per minute until THE END OF TIME!!:D

Advertisement