Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Limerick

Options
  • 25-04-2006 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Yup thats right Limerick is gaining another boards head and he is looking for some advice...

1) Have been thinking of moving into Annacotty or somewhere close. This is simply as its near my new job (in the Tech park) and from what I have heard from another source its a good place to live. Any one else care to add their words of advice..

2) How active is the boards crew down there in terms of "social activities" i.e. beers etc

3) Do I know any of you lot down there :P.

Any help or advice you can give will of course be greatly accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hugh_jass_ie

Annacotty is a great place to live, right beside the tech park. 2 great pubs (the mill and the swan) About 15 mins car journey to city centre (depending on traffic of course!:))

What company in the tech park are you working for kayos?

Hugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

TrinityHorne if you have heard of them, of course this is where you say you work for them ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hugh_jass_ie

Haha, nope dont work for them, work for o2. in the tech park as well

Ah well I was just going on the old "its a small world" which all to frequentily happens to be far to true in Ireland.

Any way your saying I'm on the right track with where to live any other advice? Of course I'm asking where is good for beer when I ask that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

I made the same move just before christmas - the annacotty side of town is a nice place to live, Im in monaleen which is near that and its grand. Theres a superquinn and storm cinema down the road and then the 24 hour dunnes is only five mins back towards town. Loads of take aways around too if your not into the cooking.
    Havent heard of any boards stuff going on down here yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

living down in Annacotty for a few years now,
    good side of town
    good pubs shops and places to eat...copper and spice
    plus 10 minutes walk and your in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh... Hi Kayos. I'm ... um.... upstairs. :)

A drinks night is being organised for May 13th. See this thread for details.

Do you intend to buy or rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Gotta add the fishing out in annacotty as well and another vote for the black swan great pub fantastic pint of plain

Well I managed to get myself a room to call my own in Annacotty yesterday, in Riverbank.

Nice spot, close to work/pub/shops/fine eateries :P. As for the "not into cooking" comment well its been a while but I can cook some mean Indian and Thai food ).

@TmB see this world is too small!

Advertisement