Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help!!

Options
  • 25-04-2006 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

A terrible, terrible tragedy has occured involving a years worth of notes. To make a long story short, they're gone and are never comin back. Anyhoooo I'm askin ye beautiful, kind, generous folks to help a brother out and if you have notes for the modules below please send a PM here

Arch10040 ,
    Arch10030 ,
    Psych10030 ,
    HIS10040 Ireland Union and Disunion,
    HIS100 ,
    British Celts CCIV 10030

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

What exactly happened? Was it a lost folder or were they on a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The laptop fell off the couch and had to format the drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ahhhhh Grimes is Scraggs and Scraggs is Grimes!!!!! :D

Grimes can have my Arch 10040 notes.

Scraggs wrote:
    The laptop fell off the couch and had to format the drive
    :confused: You shouldn't have to format it after that. Did he actually go ahead and format it fully? Sometimes (I won't go into details) it doesn't actually erase everything and you can still get stuff from it. At a rough guess though irlrobins will know more about it than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I love the smell of panic at this time of year. :D

Hope you get the notes you need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bluepencilcase

I lost some files in a similar way before- after extensive searching I found a program that could get them back- something similar to this "Recover My Files Data Recovery 3.94" but I'll try to remember the exact one. If you go to download.com and search for "recover lost files" you'll find a rake of them. Usually a disk format isn't "deep enough" to properly get rid of anything- they just write over it in 1's.... anyhoo, pm me if you want more info or otherwise good luck.

I'd say post on the comp forum. There is a boardsie (soupercomputer) who can recover stuff from this sort of thing, you could always pm him and ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

actually the problem is that they dont overwrite it with 1's, it simply marks it as writeable overable. *random comp sci interjection*.

&#231 wrote: »
    actually the problem is that they dont overwrite it with 1's, it simply marks it as writeable overable. *random comp sci interjection*.
    Exactly, that was pretty much the bit I skipped with the 'I wont go into details' bit, although it is actually slightly different with formatting (again I'm not gonna go into details)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Blowfish wrote:
    :confused: You shouldn't have to format it after that. Did he actually go ahead and format it fully? Sometimes (I won't go into details) it doesn't actually erase everything and you can still get stuff from it. At a rough guess though irlrobins will know more about it than me.

Someone call? ;)

Yea more than likely you can do something to recover files. Even if windows won't boot you can use a Linux Live CD to access data. Have you formatted yet Scraggs? If not PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

OMG:mad: , hope you get the notes soon as exams are coming really close.

irlrobins wrote:
    Someone call? ;)

Yea more than likely you can do something to recover files. Even if windows won't boot you can use a Linux Live CD to access data. Have you formatted yet Scraggs? If not PM me.
    I have a couple of live cd's lying around that I can bring in if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'll send you my Irish history, and psychology, notes tomorrow, when I'm on the laptop. I doubt they'll help you cos they're crap, but it's better than no notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oh peckle, I am sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Ouch, Scraggs, hope that people can help you out for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ahhhhh Grimes is Scraggs and Scraggs is Grimes!!!!! :D
    I know! It's totally F**ked up!!!:D :D :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hahaha, poor poor Grimes :p

Nah seriously though, that really sucks. Hope he gets them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Ok I've just twigged that Scraggs is posting for Grimes. I feel stupid. :o
    Well Grimes offer to take a look at lappy still stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh... I didn't catch that :p

I retract yesterday's offer of sending my notes ;) Nah not really, gimme your email address and I'll send you what I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

irlrobins wrote:
    Ok I've just twigged that Scraggs is posting for Grimes. I feel stupid. :o
    Well Grimes offer to take a look at lappy still stands.
    I didn't get this till now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey thanks to everyone by the way.

Advertisement