Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Arrow Kit.

Options
  • 25-04-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Started this some weeks back but going to be finishing it this week. Just needs to be covered. Its the Laser Arrow from Laser models and its the Kit version (now discontinued - bought on ebay). It will take a .25 up to a .60 engine, but I will start of with the spare .38 I have. Reports say the an average .45 will give speed of about 115mph......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

115mph:eek: Would they be any control over it at that speed:confused: The delta wing looks very complecated, I would,nt have the patience to build that:D

The delta wing looks very complecated

It was actualy quite easy to build, its a bit like a 3D jigsaw, each horizontal piece slot’s into a vertical piece, then just apply glue. It’s a beginner’s kit.

As for control at 115mph....well, will start of slow and work up and see what happens, reckon having a .38 will keep the speed down a bit. If i get bored with it (and still have it) will put a .45 in it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Coming together nicely, Syl

Cheers Coolwings. Heres the latest, not sure if its needs more trim design on top. Just need to install the engine and hook up control rods (15 minute job) and its ready for this weekends maiden....

• Advertisement

Different colour under and above - very wise !

When you do a few rolls they are harder to get oriented right than conventional shape planes.

I'll dig out my delta and post a pic of the colour scheme I went for, also two tone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 I like cars

Plug wrote:
    115mph:eek: Would they be any control over it at that speed:confused: The delta wing looks very complecated, I would,nt have the patience to build that:D

Of course you wouldn't.

Anyone could build that, all they need is patience.

I'm not so sure about the patience.
    I built my delta in 40 minutes while I was watching TV. (timed)
    No building desk, just the parts, the glue, and on my lap while I sat there.

Covering it took another half hour I guess, more time thinking about what to do, than actually doing it.

Fitting the radio controls - another 45 minutes - possibly an hour.

As Syl77 says - the nice kits in these things self-jig together.

I my case, I fitted it together dry, then ran thin cyano (very liquid superglue) into the joints. Done!

Well! The delta wing had its maiden flight Saturday after a bumpy start (engine cut on first take off, but it landed ok). After changing prop and leaning out engine it took of nicely. Flew a long sweeping turning to trim it out and it was ready. It fly’s pretty fast when you open up the throttle, has unlimited vertical climb (lost it in the clouds at one stage) and rolls on full rates are pretty quick. Over all, quite happy with it but can see myself putting in a .46 for more speed.

Looking good. Congrats on the maiden flight.

Deltas and speed go well together, don't they?

• Advertisement
Advertisement