Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies Project

Options
  • 25-04-2006 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

What ye doing for your Construction Studies project and hows it working out for you?
    Im doing a model of the Boyne cable bridge ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

im doing a model of my town centre :)

out of cardboard (i dont like wood)
    looks pretty crappy but it'll do. my portfolio is flawless. round 18 out of 25 i'd say. looking for 10 in the bench test cuz im brutal with wood, that'll gimme 30-35, add on 30 in the theory and i'll total at round 65%.

not bad for my worst subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Fool 5000 wrote:
    What ye doing for your Construction Studies project and hows it working out for you?
    Im doing a model of the Boyne cable bridge ...

Is that the one on Louth? if so one of last years 6th years made one and it was fu*kin class he got an A1 i think in his leaving.

As for me im making a sun lounger such a pain in the ass to make. I was in the construction room from 8:30 till 4 today with 80% of it I was outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

Is that the one on Louth? if so one of last years 6th years made one and it was fu*kin class he got an A1 i think in his leaving.
    Ya its in louth alrite .. The plyon is 9mm wood then the road is 6mm wood and the using dental floss for the cables (ya i know but it looks great) . Its will look good when i finish it. The only hard bit will be the landscapin but i have all nxt yr to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Wow, two models, original! All but two people out of 40 or so in our year, myself included, are making furniture.

Kwekubo wrote:
    Wow, two models, original! All but two people out of 40 or so in our year, myself included, are making furniture.

Flip out of my class of 25 there is 6 people doing models.

• Advertisement

im ****e at woodwork though. Didnt do it for JC:rolleyes:

Fool 5000 wrote:
    Didnt do it for JC:rolleyes:

There are 4 people in my class that didnt do woodwork for the jc and 3 of them are good at it maybe even better than me.

Im in 5th year and we will be finished the theory by the end of the year . So we will feck all next year :D:eek: I think we have only U values left.

Yeah that was the same with us. We spent about 2 months in 6th year doing theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ursulasblues

HELP!!!! Just found out have 2 decide like now what I want 2 do ..as in project for nxt year ..I'm in LC1 and I need 2 decide now and I was like what does it have 2 be and my teacher said Anythin- but has 2 be a normal size nothin big coz no room in school etc
    Has anyone got a more specific brief than the 1 i got from my teacher as in what can it be ! Any ideas what can I do ...I did a class tabel for my JC but since then seem to have lost my touch in all senses theory and practical so want 2 go classy but simple! HELP I'M SENDING SOS 2 ALL OF YE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Advertisement

http://www.woodworkweb.com/woodwork/downloads.html you might get a few ideas off that website.

Talkin about the brief wats ppls word count on them. Mine so far is just under 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

HELP!!!! Just found out have 2 decide like now what I want 2 do ..as in project for nxt year ..I'm in LC1 and I need 2 decide now and I was like what does it have 2 be and my teacher said Anythin- but has 2 be a normal size nothin big coz no room in school etc
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Do us 5th years have to know what project we want to do for next year now? and do we have to start now?

I'm sayin this coz my teacher is a tard and tells us absolutely nothing. We real far behind, and have no idea of the theory side at all.

Also does anyone know of any places where you can get grinds in Construction?

Do us 5th years have to know what project we want to do for next year now? and do we have to start now?
    No but you should start thinking about the model your doing and maybe materials you could use..We are doing one project now (Last 5th yr/early 6th yr) and another one in 6th yr.So if we feck up one of them we can choose the other one for the LC. We are also nearly finished our theory :D

How the hell did uz have time to make two projects? Its taken me 4 months to get mine done.

Also if any of uz r in school in the north east there is a good chance that my teacher will be marking your project.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

eamoss wrote:
    How the hell did uz have time to make two projects? Its taken me 4 months to get mine done.

Also if any of uz r in school in the north east there is a good chance that my teacher will be marking your project.

*raises ears* whats he like? tough, nasty, easy going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭whassupp

eamoss wrote:

Its ur own teacher that marks them coz he's the only one who knows how much work/effort u put in.

then examiners come in june to check that they were marked reasonably fairly and thay can change results if they want

Its ur own teacher that marks them coz he's the only one who knows how much work/effort u put in.
    Its kind of weird though . I am hiding a big massive crack on mine from my teacher .Ill cover it over with a ton of glue so he wont see it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Woodfiller, Covers everything!

Ahh I dont think so, My teacher told us that someone else is coming in to mark our projects & he will be goin out markin other schools project he said he has been doin this for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

nope ours told us that he marks them then the supervisor comes in to double chek them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

dogz wrote:
    nope ours told us that he marks them then the supervisor comes in to double chek them
    Exactly. It's because your teachers know how much effort you really put into your project.

Advertisement