Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exclusive

Options
  • 25-04-2006 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Following on from this thread I found out last night that a new "tour" is being launched by the top Irish pro's.

It will be a 5/6 tournament tour which will visit the major points around Ireland, ie it wont be all based in Dublin, and will be broadcast live on Setanta. The usuals should be there, Ken Fergal, Swail, Judge and top challenge tour players. Probably all tournaments will be limited to 8 players. Talks are still going on and it is only just getting off the ground, but remember you heard it here first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Awesome!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Super News!! icon14.gificon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

It would be good to see the top Irish players at local venues alright but I'm not sure if it will work. What is the point in the same 7-8 players playing 5 or 6 touraments. I mean there is onely going to be one of three winners, Ken, Swail or Fergal.
    Will these players have time for such events, how would it fit with the world tour? Well I suppose that there are only 6 ranking events anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Apart from the TV element this kinda thing has been going on for a while. (Mind you I have been away from the game for a while). There certainly used to be many Pro Ams running where you would have most of the top Irish Pros come home and have to give 7up to the local amatures or was it 12, can't quite remember.
    This does sound great for the game though and would certainly bring a lot more attention to local clubs and the game in general, bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

These pro/am's are on all the time still as are long multi week pro league events. I think the big thing with this is the TV side and hopefully the sponsorship it may get, hopefully!!

Will keep ye posted if I hear anything

• Advertisement
Advertisement