Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psp Firmware 2.7 Released

• 25-04-2006 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

For all you people who imported japanese PSPs 2.7 firmware is now available for download off the main site. Sorry I dont have a link, I usually just download from forum.lik-sang.com

Anyway new features include flash capabilities on web browser.

Enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It seems you can also download game demos now and boot them off the memory stick? Loco Roco seems to be the first.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/locoroco/dl/trial_dl.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

LookingFor wrote:
    It seems you can also download game demos now and boot them off the memory stick? Loco Roco seems to be the first.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/locoroco/dl/trial_dl.html
    You should have been able to do that from the start anyways. Nah think i'll stick to my 1.5 firmware...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

loco roco looks great.. and since i don't even use my psp for homebrew, 2.7 here i come ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea i didnt really know the details of what was contained in update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm on a Jap 2.00, and haven't bothered to downgrade for the homebrew, so I'm thinking of just going ahead and upgrading. Yay? Nay? I haven't been able to make much sense of the Google translation of the Jap PSP firmware update site, so should I just wait until the US release and read about what's new?

• Advertisement

qz wrote:
    I'm on a Jap 2.00, and haven't bothered to downgrade for the homebrew, so I'm thinking of just going ahead and upgrading. Yay? Nay? I haven't been able to make much sense of the Google translation of the Jap PSP firmware update site, so should I just wait until the US release and read about what's new?
    Nah downgrade it to 1.5 and you can run all sorts of homebrew, stuff to turn the PSP into a universal remote control, plays any kind of emulators you could ever need, loads of homebrew aps and games and if you're into that kinda thing you can get UMD emulators that fool the psp into thinking that a game iso that you have on your memory stick is one that's in the drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

I updated mine

The web browser seems to be quicker and Flash support has been added. You can also download the audio files from rss feeds(alot more useful than I thought it would be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Your PSP doesn't need to be Japanese for the update to work. If you have a wireless router you can connect to, just use the network update function in the Settings.

Updated mine last night. But the flash doesn't seem to work. I've enabled it in the System Settings menu but any site that needs flash needs version 7 and it doesn't seem to support that.

Also, where can you get the demos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Upgrade for web purposes.But that's it.

Btw.....Will there be any chance homebrew will be cracked on the the old 2.6.......Doubtful????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

octacon you shouldnt use update unless you have jap psp, it can mess up your psp in long run in future updates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Homebrew worked on everything up (and including 2.6) through either using tiff exploit on 2.0 or the GTA SaveGame Exploit on 2.0+.

HOWEVER .... if you do upgrade to 2.7 then you will no longer be able to use homebrew. I'd advise against updating just to get an out-of-date flash (its Flash 6 ... latest Flash is 8) and some other little things. I have a lot more fun playing my Emulators and Homebrew App's :)

Somebody should code a homebrew web browser soon anyways with Flash and that kinda stuff. I'm surprised there hasn't been one in the works already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Isn't there supposed to be a new improved browser with the forthcoming firmware 3.0 (with Flash)?..

Well Firmware 2.7 has flash support already... but it's only Flash 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is european update out?

Advertisement