Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of year UCD Boards Awards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DaveMcG wrote:
    What's a hollywood? :eek:

Awwh the innocence! :)

Well Dave, you just gotta show up at lake at 4 to see if for yourself when <insert female poster's name in here> goes for a Hollywood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

passive wrote:
    *looks to pretty*monster expectantly while filling in his life insurance policy*

****ing philosophy essay... ideally i'll be finished this by 3 but i'm in work for 6 so i've to leave at 4. Alas this was not to be...

Do you do Ethics (1st year)? If so, I haven't started that essay :( Don't intend on giving it in on time, though, so it's ok.
    Awwh the innocence! :)

Well Dave, you just gotta show up at lake at 4 to see if for yourself when <insert female poster's name in here> goes for a Hollywood!

hmmm... I dunno! Gotta weigh up the importance of tutorials and lectures!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

If anyone could bring a spare can or two (ideally dutch but i'll settle for bud or something) I'll pay them upon my arrival.. which i'm now determined will be at 3!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

passive wrote:
    If anyone could bring a spare can or two (ideally dutch but i'll settle for bud or something) I'll pay them upon my arrival.. which i'm now determined will be at 3!!

I'll more and likely be buying some budweiser on my way up. I'm sure I could spare you a can since I'll probably be ****faced after half a can knowing me and my lightweightness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'll throw you a beer passive.

• Advertisement

I'll more and likely be buying some budweiser on my way up. I'm sure I could spare you a can since I'll probably be ****faced after half a can knowing me and my lightweightness.
    where are you buyin alcameepop? i presume centra, but where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

centra in merville only has wine. For beer you can go to Spar on Fosters Ave. Or for a full off licence go to Higgans in Clonskeagh (out clonskeagh gate and turn left)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

The spar up past merville is the best way.. walk out the gate with merville on your left.. keep going.. turn right when you reach a road dealy.. carry on forwards. ta-da Spar. Alright... 2 beers! A whole added incentive for finishing this essay now... must type up and write a conclusion of essay in 80 minutes
    *it occurs to passive that maybe ditching the fun and writing the essay properly, instead of rushing to buy some drinking time, might be the better course of action from an academic perspective*

eh... **** it...

(ps: ethics one is done Dave, writing the philanthropology essay now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

spar fosters avenue still has 1€ bottles of rolling rock and tuborg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Wow, that's a great price for alcomehol. It probably tastes crap, but it's cheap! :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Tuborg is the beer of Kings. Do not sully its name with your high-mindedness. It is the greatest value known to man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I only have wine so I might buy a can off someone (lecture at three)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Tuborg is the beer of Kings. Do not sully its name with your high-mindedness. It is the greatest value known to man.
    Word.

Ok I'm just home from the forum and I just want to say thanks so much fro the award! I'm so honoured...Really and truly honoured! I dont deserve it!
    I have it all drank and its taking affect slpwly but surely no actually fast and furiously.... Anyway I'll see ya all in the portedhouse in 40mins time
    Thanks guys!:) :):)

oh and miay i just add \X/000|-|00

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What were all of the awards?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Still drunk, officially decided not to go out. Not lookin forward to the phone calls. I'm in final year damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Was nice to meet those who i did see (honetsly can't remeber real names, sorry!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Was nice to meet those who i did see (honetsly can't remeber real names, sorry!)
    Heh, yeah same here, was too many at once for me to remember everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Best drunk wooo! Pity I wasnt able to stick around, really ****ing wanted to aswell things were only getting started and it was great fun, stupid work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Best drunk wooo! Pity I wasnt able to stick around, really ****ing wanted to aswell things were only getting started and it was great fun, stupid work.
    Ah well, at least you've got a momentous 1500th post to look forward to! :)

Ah well, at least you've got a momentous 1500th post to look forward to! :)
    Make it count!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Boobs.

Hope that was considered to be a worthwhile use of my 1,500 post. The fact I'm in work makes it all the less sweet (swings nightstick I wish I had been given as part of this job and walks away).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

so guys how was the awards ceremony and the after show party....who won all the awards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I didn't get an award cos I'm old and I'm not a Catholic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Best Newcomer: Elmyra
    Best Outsider: Crash_000
    Funniest Poster:Sangre
    Best Looking Poster: B-K-DzR
    Most Helpful/Informative Poster: Irlrobins
    Best Troller: Firespinner
    Best Debater: Blush 01
    Biggest Grammar Nazi: Hullaballoo
    Best Hack: Vainglory
    Best Drunk: Orangerooster
    Best Thread: Scoring classmates
    Worst Thread:Anything SU related
    Best Banning: Simultaneous banning of Panda and Vainglory
    Most exasperating Topic: SU
    and
    Overall Best UCD Boards poster of the year: Scraggs

Fantastic night. Pity services were complete gits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was robbed. Here's a picture of me now on the verge of tears:

Heartbroken Mr Nice Guy

I hope you're all happy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I beg to differ. I was in O'Briens and saw possibly the best offer on wife beater juice of all time (Stella). Buy a crate for €24, then get the second for €10. Not only will the quantity drive you insane, but the 5% volume should do the trick too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ugh....I have done some very, very bad things on Stella...*shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Sangre wrote:
    Ugh....I have done some very, very bad things on Stella...*shudder*

Oh, the poor woman...

• Advertisement

boneless wrote:
    Oh, the poor woman...

Well from what i know about stella, it should be the poor looking women!

Advertisement