Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Student Gumball Rally

Options
  • 25-04-2006 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

Anybody doing this? Looks like fun. Me and the girlfriend have signed up and im just seeing if there are any others up for it??

www.studentgumballrally.com

:D

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

In my day we couldn't afford cars, never mind the fines that go with something like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If this had have been around when I was in college I'd have jumped at the chance. Sounds like a great idea - go for it if you can.

My 1982 Golf GTI would have loved this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Yeah i have a 1982 cooper 's' but it would be WAY to uncomfortable so ive picked up a nice turbo a4 for the trip.

If you have graduated within the last two years (or somebody on your team has) you are eligable to go. You need either a student or a recent graduate on ur team and then non students can go.

Look it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

would be very interested. need to find me a student!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think you need 2 students or recent graduates
    Each team must consist of a minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 5 persons of which at least 2 members must be in full time university or college education OR have graduated in the last 2 years. All entrants must be over 18
    http://www.studentgumballrally.com/rules.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Well, there's always The Mongol Rally for the more senior (and insane) members of the public out there...

http://www.mongolrally.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Just signed up, should be a total blast! 155 sterling entry aint bad. This I will consider this my 'summer holiday'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

nah i wouldnot waste my money on this,if you want to go then save up and go to a proper one

what are ya on about. the proper one costs about 15k sterling to enter!

There is a few irish going, whoever is contact me on paul@elmoscreations.com and i will put you in touch with other irish people going. We can perhaps trade ideas on the return trip or the trip to dover.

• Advertisement

This will be my preperation for the proper one (when im rich ha!)

cooper_man wrote:
    There is a few irish going, whoever is contact me on paul@elmoscreations.com and i will put you in touch with other irish people going. We can perhaps trade ideas on the return trip or the trip to dover.

Just e-mailed you (before you posted this)... JohnCleary is only a username btw, you have my real name on email

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote:
    Just signed up, should be a total blast! 155 sterling entry aint bad. This I will consider this my 'summer holiday'
    Hell, I'm half considering it depending on work at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

*searches ebay.de for cheap, quick LHD cars*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

very intresting

Advertisement