Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

champions league final package deals anyone?

• 25-04-2006 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

Does anybody know where is the best place to look for CL Final travel+ticket packages?

I'm sure some Liverpool supporters last year took some up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd wait until tomorrow then they will start.
    Arsenal v Barcelona or AC Milan will be mega.
    Guess flight, 1 night accom and match ticket.... and knowing how much all the "travel agents/touts" (no difference) over here charge for the "ordinary"games,
    I'd say it will be at least 500 euro for a day trip or 1 nighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

moshpit77 wrote:
    I'm sure some Liverpool supporters last year took some up.

Yep, I did. Then I puked, did a double take and decided to watch it in the pub. Only thing though, that fact that its in paris makes it much more accessable, bloody typical. You coud go the long route and drive or flly to London and get the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Stekelly wrote:
    Yep, I did. Then I puked, did a double take and decided to watch it in the pub. Only thing though, that fact that its in paris makes it much more accessable, bloody typical. You coud go the long route and drive or flly to London and get the train.

I paid 1100 euro for a day trip and it was worth every last cent. Do not miss this opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

rondeco wrote:
    I paid 1100 euro for a day trip and it was worth every last cent. Do not miss this opportunity.

Yup, thats what I'm thinking. It's a once in a lifetime thing really. Although 1100 is a bit steep, I was hoping for something around the 600 mark

travel agent names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

€558 return on Aer Lingus now.

how much is the going rate for a ticket ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's in Paris right?

Fly to Charleroi, it's prob a fair bit cheaper and close too.

All you'd have to worry about then is a ticket and accom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Most of the sporting travel agents did it last year, was available to book the Monday after Liverpool got through.

We went with Celtic Horizon Tours, can say a bad word about them!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i booked a ryanair return flight from Dublin to Charleroi for €35 last night and also return trains from Brussels to Paris for €70, for a mate of mine.

He has a ticket for the match so all he needs now is accomadation in Paris for the one night.

Doing it that way work out cheap enough.

Just looked at the ryanair site now and the same flights are now €237. Looks like Ryanair has now copt on to that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ryanair have NO flights back on the Thursday!

They've all jacked their prices up.
    A return flight on ryanair was 70 Euro when they drew Real Madrid and Juve :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

match ticket 'buy it now' price is £1,000 sterling each on ebay !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

damienom wrote:
    Most of the sporting travel agents did it last year, was available to book the Monday after Liverpool got through.

We went with Celtic Horizon Tours, can say a bad word about them!!

I went with them and they weren't great! With all the hassle in the airport afterwards all of the tour operators skipped the queue to make sure they made it onto the plane and nearly left some poor sods behind, their attitude seemed to be fcuk you!

Going yourself may be hassle you may need an operator though! I got my tickets through UEFA but had no flights or accomadation and they had all been block booked well in advance by travel agents!

Abbey Travel are doing it, have it on their website.

Anyone know of any travel agents doing the FA Cup Final?

damienom wrote:
    Abbey Travel are doing it, have it on their website.

Cheers for that. Not the best flight times though. Here's the deal...

Champions League Package:

FLIGHTS (Air France)
    16 May Depart Dublin 0640, arrive Paris (CDG) 0930
    18 May Depart Paris (CDG)0840, arrive Dublin 0940
    Accommodation
    Selection of 3* Hotels located in Montparnasse, Opera or Montmartre.
    MATCH TICKET
    PRICE: To be advised

Flights back at 8.40am the morning after the game doesn't really appeal to me to be honest!
    damienom wrote:
    Anyone know of any travel agents doing the FA Cup Final?

There is a notice on the Celtic Horizon Tours site saying they will not be running packages to the FA cup final. There may be some problem with doing it, I know the English FA have really clamped down on the sale of tickets for English games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

wow those prices are steep, thank fook I got didn't care who was in the final and got neutral tickets from the UEFA website :D the flight and accomodation was 250 euros for 2 days and 2 nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I have just got a call from McInerney Sports to say they are doing a package:

Flights Dublin to Paris: Fly Out Tues 6.40am, Return Thurs 8.40pm
    3 Star Hotel for the 2 nights
    Match Ticket

:eek: :eek: :eek: €1899.00 (Yes One Thousand, Eight Hundred & Ninety Nine Euro) :eek: :eek: :eek: They are one of only a few companies doing a package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus think I will buy a Large LCD Telly and watch the final on that instead !!

BTW the Abbey Travel one is €2299 !!!!

Limerick Travel are running a package for €2,000 odd. Apparently this includes a match ticket to the price of €500. Now if the most expensive match ticket being sold by UEFA is €200, does this mean they are touting?

Touting is probably what you could call it!!

Every year UEFA have a rule where the name of the person who purchased the ticket appears on it, you're meant to show your password at the ticket checkpoint to show that you are who you claim to be!

In Istanbul I was Klabitizh Likticiania for the night-didn't want to ask where the ticket came from

Advertisement