Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Samples from Charlesland

Options
  • 25-04-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

Has anyone noticed the colour of the water.. I brought in a drink form the tap to work and I compared it to the water in work. The water from the tap is yellow in comparison to water from outside Charlesland.

I have also noticed that the water in the bath is greeny /yellow....I really do not feel save drinking it.....

Anyone noticed anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Umm yummy sounds like some pipes being run in give it some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 elaineha

Hi All,

Has anyone had problems with the water quality. The water is quite yellow in the main kitchen tap and when you run a bath the water looks very dodgy

Anyone else dubious about drinking the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No, the water here in Athens is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I am living in Charlesland Grove and noticed the problem with the water a few months ago and I had someone come out and take a water sample but they never got back to me. Wouldnt feel 100% drinking the water straight from the tap until it looks totally clear.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The water in the bathrooms is a little off alright, if you fill the sink, it is definitely not totally clear. It also seems to smell also :confused:

The water in the kitchen seems better, but could be from exactly the same source for all I know. We got one of those Brita water thingies for our drinking water, which has done the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

elaineha wrote:
    Hi All,

Has anyone had problems with the water quality. The water is quite yellow in the main kitchen tap and when you run a bath the water looks very dodgy

Anyone else dubious about drinking the water?

Yes the water is yellow. I have this as a point in my recent list of things that need sorting. My neighbour had the builder round for the same thing but they ran the bath and a sink full of water and declared it clear. It clearly is not. I'll have a bottle of bought water in the fridge as a comparison so they can see what clear should be.

Call Durkan about this and don't let them BS you that nobody has this problem, all my neighbours agree that the water is off colour and are wary of drinking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

eoin_s wrote:
    The water in the bathrooms is a little off alright, if you fill the sink, it is definitely not totally clear. It also seems to smell also :confused:

The water in the kitchen seems better, but could be from exactly the same source for all I know. We got one of those Brita water thingies for our drinking water, which has done the trick.

Water is yellow and re. the smell...I've a drain in my driveway, don't know if that has anything to do with it, but my bathroon stinks especially when it rains, and it does appear to come from the water. Something ain't right...Major need for a Res. Assoc. before the builder moves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Threads merged.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

hmmm that really interesting. ive noticed that the water in both toilets in my 2 bed always seemed to look dirty but i just thought it was the pipes or something.

and also, theres always been this really weird drainy smell in the kitchen under the sink. the builders have been in 3 times to re-seal the pipes etc but it just keeps coming back - must be the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

hi, did anyone else noticet yellowysh water in taps again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Ye know this is a 8 year old thread right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

This thread is older than my eldest child!!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement