Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with Eircom?!

• 26-04-2006 7:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the story. My mother works in a surgery and non of them are internet savy-its there and they turn it on. Anyways, all of a sudden it stopped dead and all they got from eircom is that the address they gave them was sending out loads of spam. Now, I don't have ircom broadband myself, am with BT, so I don't know how they operate. Apparently they are still paying internet fees after they have been 'disconnected' by Eircom.

I want to know a couple of things, do they do this? Has it happened to anyone else and also if I ring on behalf of them with all there details will they deal with me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

TheGooner wrote:
    Ok heres the story. My mother works in a surgery and non of them are internet savy-its there and they turn it on. Anyways, all of a sudden it stopped dead and all they got from eircom is that the address they gave them was sending out loads of spam. Now, I don't have ircom broadband myself, am with BT, so I don't know how they operate. Apparently they are still paying internet fees after they have been 'disconnected' by Eircom.

I want to know a couple of things, do they do this? Has it happened to anyone else and also if I ring on behalf of them with all there details will they deal with me?

Yes, it does happen.
    Yes, they do disconnect you.
    Yes, You are probably still paying connection fees because you (or your mother rather) is in a 12 month contract or something.

Eircom.net should speak to you about the situation if you have account details.

Let us know how you get on.

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Ok cheers for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

TheGooner wrote:
    all they got from eircom is that the address they gave them was sending out loads of spam.
    Based on this it may be that the machines have been infected with a virus of some sort that has them sending Spam emails on behalf of a spammer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_computer

I'd make sure you do a virus update/malware sweep on the computers prior to talking to Eircom as that's probably the first thing they will ask you to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Ok staff at the surgery can't find any physical paper work, bill ect. for me to get any account number. What are Eircom likely to ask for when I call?

Pascal, your right teh PC is absolutely crawling with spyware, adware, mailware ect. its the worst I've seen. Unfortunately I need to get online to download spyware removers ect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

TheGooner wrote:
    Ok staff at the surgery can't find any physical paper work, bill ect. for me to get any account number. What are Eircom likely to ask for when I call?

Surely there's an eircom bill somewhere...

If not just call eircom.net tech support and give them the number the BB line is on...

The tech support should be able to find you and should be able to see that your account is disabled and to contact customer services - some of which are in the same room actually.
    TheGooner wrote:
    Pascal, your right teh PC is absolutely crawling with spyware, adware, mailware ect. its the worst I've seen. Unfortunately I need to get online to download spyware removers ect...
    Perhaps dial up can help here.
    eircom Free is 1892 150 150 - i think. its been a while....

Q

• Advertisement
Advertisement