Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass enclosure

Options
  • 26-04-2006 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I want to make some sort of a glass enclosure, which will be similar to a fish tank. There will be water pumping through it. Ideally I don't want any air to get in but I'm wondering will there be a problem with condensation then. I'll also need to make somewhere that the wire for a pump can come out of. I'm thinking a wooden base covered in some waterproof paste and then glass sides and top. Does anyone have any experience, or know of anybody who would know the best way to build the glass surround? How would I put it together etc? It's a bit complicated to explain:o

Any feedback is appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks I'll give that a look, if anyone else has further info, please sharE:)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

I'm not sure about your project but an aquarium is just a glass box held together with silicone glue (get the clear one)

For an aquarium use thick glass (not picture pane stuff) get the glazier to bevel the sharp edges, so you don't cut yourself on the finished product. Or rub the edges with a grinding stone.

if you don't want to do it yourself, anyone who makes aquaria could easily do the job for you.

Am puzzled about the wooden bottom, can you explain further what you're trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Actually maybe I will just use a glass bottom instead, thanks for that info, may get in touch with somebody who makes aquariums.. Any ideas how? Haven't look in the goldenpages under aquariums yet so if it's there are makers there, then cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

If no luck with glden pages, just try glaziers or ask in tropical fish shops about custom sized aquarium (maybe best not to confuse them with project details)

• Advertisement
Advertisement