Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry after penalty miss...

• 26-04-2006 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I'm not an Aresnal fan and think Henry is a great player and his interview after the match show a good person by thankin Gerrard.

But did anybody see Henry to Riquelem (sp) after the penalty miss? he was punchin the air in front of him and in his face. I think that sometimes he has a bad attitude with opponents as he did this to Danny Mills one time after he scored a penalty. Against Juve when Eboue didn't pass the ball he was sulking throwing his arms all over the air.

I just wanna know if you think does Henry sometimes have a bad attitude and be unprofessional or is it just his will to win? I do...but am not bitter that he doesn't play for my team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he wants to win, thats all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I missed that bit, anyone have a clip by any chance?

I thought the Gerrard mention reeked of him trying to be a nice guy, it really didn't seem genuine at all. Maybe I'm just too cynical in my old age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Can UEFA look at video evidence and retrpectively ban someone - unporting behaviour springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

He's French what do you expect?! :p
    Ah well, i'd still have him on my team in a second but yeah his attitude isn't always the best and he doesn't have all the qualities of a captain. He did do some tracking back last night though, always good to see a striker help out his under siege defence!

I think they all want to win mossy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I'm not an Aresnal fan and think Henry is a great player and his interview after the match show a good person by thankin Gerrard.

But did anybody see Henry to Riquelem (sp) after the penalty miss? he was punchin the air in front of him and in his face. I think that sometimes he has a bad attitude with opponents as he did this to Danny Mills one time after he scored a penalty. Against Juve when Eboue didn't pass the ball he was sulking throwing his arms all over the air.

I just wanna know if you think does Henry sometimes have a bad attitude and be unprofessional or is it just his will to win? I do...but am not bitter that he doesn't play for my team

Just look back in this forum to something similiar with Van Nist which was very funny. I never seen this on the TV highlights and from what I seen Riquelme stood in the penalty zone for a long time and then came out with his jersey over his head so I didnt see when Henry got chance to jump in his face?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kwinabeeste

was just when the ball went out for corner or goal kick...riquelem had his jersey in his mouth...not over his head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Big Nelly wrote:
    I never seen this on the TV highlights and from what I seen Riquelme stood in the penalty zone for a long time and then came out with his jersey over his head so I didnt see when Henry got chance to jump in his face?

Heh, yeah the camerman seemed to be fixated on poor Riquelme's face for a whole 5 min after the miss, whenever the ball went out of play it would zoom in to him, was laughing my ass off at the drama before the penalty too with the camera switching close ups between him and lehmann.

Wouldn't say that Henry was celebrating in front of riquelme on purpose to gloat, i know he can be arrogant at times but i wouldn't call him that malicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

But did anybody see Henry to Riquelem (sp) after the penalty miss? he was punchin the air in front of him and in his face.
    Are you saying that he was just celebrating and Riquelme happened to be beside him or was Henry trying to wind him up?

I watched the match live and didn't notice anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I've been saying this for ages!
    He is a fabulous player and for that I've great respect for him. His ability. But after that I've none. He is so arrogant! In big games, or the u****ortant ones for that matter, you see it tiome and time again where he runs off wagging a finger and/or pulling this stupid face as if to say "oh yea.look at this.too easy" kind of crap!
    Then there's other behaviour like that game with Chelsea a few seasons back where Cudicini let the ball through his hands and he had a tap in. Yet he ran off pumping the air like he'd just buried a rocket from 30 yards into the top corner. He did something identical also (against whom I can't remember) where the ball just bounced against his knee and into the net yet he went off celebrating like he'd just done something skillful deserving recognition.

Being honest I didn't see him do that to Raquilme but it really wouldn't surprise me. Let's not take it into a bashing session over their behaviour to Van Nistelrooy at Old Trafford but that's the shining example of the Arsenal team displaying disgusting unsporting and ungentlemanly conduct.

<edit> Eh for some reason it won't display u-n-i-m-p-o-t-a-n-t properly for me, instead replacing some characters with the asterisk symbol. What's taht all about?

BaZmO* wrote:
    Are you saying that he was just celebrating and Riquelme happened to be beside him or was Henry trying to wind him up?

I watched the match live and didn't notice anything.

it was pure gloatin in my opinion!

It was only in the live version...i didn't see it in any replays! Saw it the 1st time and then when Henry was being interviewed after when they showed the whole thing. My mates who were watchin the match with me didn't notice either...

• Advertisement

was just when the ball went out for corner or goal kick...riquelem had his jersey in his mouth...not over his head...

To be honest I think you are nit picking, I never noticed it and the 4 lads in the house with me watching didnt either. Riquelme was walking around looking lost after the miss and didnt really get involved in game after that and as soon as game was over he ran off pitch so I dont see Henry had a chance.

<edit> Eh for some reason it won't display u-n-i-m-p-o-t-a-n-t properly for me, instead replacing some characters with the asterisk symbol. What's taht all about?

n-i-m-p-o must be a banned word on the forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Big Nelly wrote:
    n-i-m-p-o must be a banned word on the forum
    What does it mean where you're from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Mrs Anderson you really have it bad today, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal.

How can you dislike a team that plays the best freeflowing the premierleague has ever seen.

Eamon Dunphy "without Rooney, Manchester Utd are an extremely ordinary team" Do you agree???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

MBC wrote:

How can you dislike a team that plays the best freeflowing the premierleague has ever seen.

Eamon Dunphy "without Rooney, Manchester Utd are an extremely ordinary team" Do you agree???
    This thread in not about Rooney or Manchester United - this is the kind of crap we can do without - discuss the topic at hand...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Then there's other behaviour like that game with Chelsea a few seasons back where Cudicini let the ball through his hands and he had a tap in. Yet he ran off pumping the air like he'd just buried a rocket from 30 yards into the top corner. He did something identical also (against whom I can't remember) where the ball just bounced against his knee and into the net yet he went off celebrating like he'd just done something skillful deserving recognition

heaven forbid someone celebrating a goal

MBC wrote:

First of all yes you have played great footabll. But none of it has been this season. And while you played great football in recent years so have United. We've won a premiership or too also. All while Arsenal played their good football.

I'd agree United aren't the best in the Premiership but we're closer than Arsenal. (Opens up a whole can regarding Chelsea grinding out the results but being as entertaining as getting a Jap's-eye STI test-scrape)
    I'd agree we're less of a team without Rooney. Quite a redundant question asking would your team be less than it is without it's best player. I don't agree we'd be ordinary. Though we are ordinary in comparison to our sides of the last decade or so. Which is hardly surprising. We still have Ronaldo (annoying but can stil turn a game), Giggs (aging but has taken well to central midfield lately), Scholes if he ever comes back, and Van Nisetelrooy. I'm not going to justify his mention.

Mrs MBC: Do you agree Arsenal are an ordinary side without Henry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

apparently n-imp is an insult :p

as a person, henry does strike me as a bit of a knob. great player though.
    btw what did he say about gerrard?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

MBC wrote:
    This is a bizarre, ridiculous totally off topic point. It's bordering on flame baiting. I like when threads evolve into something off topic, in conversational mode, but this just came from so left field that I just can't understand it.

On topic I think Henry can be arrogant. I hate his celebrations, like the one where he was asked to take a free kick again earlier in the season by the ref, and when he scored he looked at ref and nodded as if to ask "is that good enough for you". But that's just the way he is. He's French - lots of French men have that swagger about them, Ginola, Cantona, Pires etc. It's just their culture. It irritates me I must say, but it's jus tthe way they are.

As a player he's just so fantastic to watch it's untrue. Watching him at full flight with the ball at his feet is an absolute joy.

I didn't see the incident in question, so I can't fully comment on that. All I can say is congratulations to Arsenal, they've got to the final in fantastic style, breaking Milans defensive record, while still playing some great free flowing football. Now I wish I had taken up that 40-1 odds I had seen on them winning the CL w/o conceding a goal, which was offered up after the Juve tie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

maybe this should be in the conspiricy theory section but lately I have noticed a lot of support for arsenal's Champions league push coming from liverpool player's, in the Mirror(ok so I read the mirror) yesterday Gerrard was quoted as saying how much he admired Henry and his hopes that arsenal win the CL...and then the praise henry gave gerrard last night(bit over the top really, and Im a pool supported)
    This could be a sort of opposition to Mourinho and ferguson's love in over the course of the this years premiership..... forever coming out with the " how much they respect each other" crap

Liverpool and arsenal v Chelsea and Utd:D

or maybe Im just not getting enough sleep

All in all I think Henry is arrogant, but why wouldnt he be, he is the best striker in the world:) so fair play to him......

Mossy Monk wrote:
    heaven forbid someone celebrating a goal

Way to miss the point :rolleyes:
    That fact was he scored a tap in as a result of a goal keeping error. Hardly right to run off like you've scored a great goal. It was a tight game and right around the time Chelsea fot the money and began challenging. So his reaction was complete gloating that they got one over Chelsea as a result of a mistake.
    It's the manner in which he did it and the goal and circumstances in question. Not Simply celebrating. Because it wasn't your average celebration. If oyu hop on the bus now you should catch up with the point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

French people = arrogant :D

Surely everyone knows that ;)

That fact was he scored a tap in as a result of a goal keeping error. Hardly right to run off like you've scored a great goal. It was a tight game and right around the time Chelsea fot the money and began challenging. So his reaction was complete gloating that they got one over Chelsea as a result of a mistake.
    It's the manner in which he did it and the goal and circumstances in question. Not Simply celebrating. Because it wasn't your average celebration. If oyu hop on the bus now you should catch up with the point

Can you post any more anti-arsenal on this forum?

Don't know who you support but get over the fact that Arsenal are in the final. End of story. You sitting on here insulting anything you can think of in regards to them wont change that.

Well Done Arsenal. Never was a fan but strangely found myself shouting for them last night.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Can you post any more anti-arsenal on this forum?

Don't know who you support but get over the fact that Arsenal are in the final. End of story. You sitting on here insulting anything you can think of in regards to them wont change that.

Well Done Arsenal. Never was a fan but strangely found myself shouting for them last night.

Are you for real?
    The topic is Henry's behaviour as regards the penalty! Therefor it follows to assess his behaviour in similar situations. Me sitting here insulting them? I've said I tink Henry acts unsporting and is arrogant. Since his behaviour is the topic I think I'm allowed do that. Just as other people are saying they think he's grand.
    Climb out of my ass

That's a strange comment. Ever see players celebrating when another player scores a winning goal - they run around, jump around, cheer, scream etc. Should they not do so because they didn't score it? He scored the goal. Yes it was help from a mistake, but he scored a goal (I remember the game but can't remember was it level at the time etc, I think it was but coulnd't be ar$ed going to check) and went off on a release thinking "Sweet, we're leading" etc. It's a massive release.

I follow Utd. When they score I explode. I think the fact it was a mistake by the keeper shouldn't have anything to do with his celebration. He ran off, release of tension. Big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

think his reaction may have had a little to do with Chelsea singing "stick your va va voom up your bottom* " for a sustained period during that particular game.

* the word "bottom" was not actually used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Like you completely have despite highlighting the reason in your own post.
    I've highlighted the reason for his celebration for you.

Let me be the first to tell you that you are going to go a long way on this forum with your current attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I wouldn't consider Henry an unsporting player at all. I know he does all the non-expression goal celebrating but thats just him and to be honest he does it well.
    If he did rub it in Riquelmes' face I doubt he (Riquelme) noticed and it was in the 88minute of a game that could bring him into the final of the champions league. You dont think like properly when that type of emotion hits you.

That's a strange comment. Ever see players celebrating when another player scores a winning goal - they run around, jump around, cheer, scream etc. Should they not do so because they didn't score it? He scored the goal. Yes it was help from a mistake, but he scored a goal (I remember the game but can't remember was it level at the time etc, I think it was but coulnd't be ar$ed going to check) and went off on a release thinking "Sweet, we're leading" etc. It's a massive release.

most players don't run over to the player they had beaten to the ball...most of the time they go to one of the corners to celebrate. It was a spur of the moment thing last nite, but it was inciteful ihmo. When Gary neville did something to the liverpool fans he got condemned but not the angel Henry cos "he is the best striker in the world". BTW he isn't...very, very good player, but not really a striker ala Shearer, Van Nistelrooy, etc.

My point is that when Henry does it, he kinda gets away with it cos he's good and with a will to win, but when somebosy else does it their inciting the fans or whatever...

most players don't run over to the player they had beaten to the ball...most of the time they go to one of the corners to celebrate. It was a spur of the moment thing last nite, but it was inciteful ihmo. When Gary neville did something to the liverpool fans he got condemned but not the angel Henry cos "he is the best striker in the world". BTW he isn't...very, very good player, but not really a striker ala Shearer, Van Nistelrooy, etc.

My point is that when Henry does it, he kinda gets away with it cos he's good and with a will to win, but when somebosy else does it their inciting the fans or whatever...
    I wasn't talking about last night. I was quoting Mr Anderson who was talking about a Chelsea v Arsenal game from a couple of seasons back. If you look back through the thread you'll see i stated that i didn't see the incident from last night.

• Advertisement

Like you completely have despite highlighting the reason in your own post.

I've highlighted the reason for his celebration for you.

Let me be the first to tell you that you are going to go a long way on this forum with your current attitude.

So I'm not allowed disagree with you. Or say I think Henry is arrogant.
    Silly of me. Sorry

So I'm not allowed disagree with you. Or say I think Henry is arrogant.
    Silly of me. Sorry
    No of course you are. But who said I disagree with you anyway? Everybody knows that every single French man without fail is arrogant ;)

My point is if you are trying to use an incident in proving how you feel on the subject you would be better off not putting the reason as to why he celebrated as he did (it being a tight game against a close rival and all) in your argument.

The other thing I said was based on the fact that I havn't seen you post much on the forum, but almost every single post has been 100% one sided bias garbage.

The other thing I said was based on the fact that I havn't seen you post much on the forum, but almost every single post has been 100% one sided bias garbage.

First time I agree with what you have posted in ages:D

No of course you are. But who said I disagree with you anyway? Everybody knows that every single French man without fail is arrogant ;)

My point is if you are trying to use an incident in proving how you feel on the subject you would be better off not putting the reason as to why he celebrated as he did (it being a tight game against a close rival and all) in your argument.

I only got access to Soccer recently.
    And of course it's going to be biased. I dont like the guy. I'm saying so.
    If a topic comes up about Beckham he'd get it too. Or Ronaldinho being a God. They'd be biased too. if you like or dislike something it's biased by definition

Big Nelly wrote:
    First time I agree with what you have posted in ages:D
    Well I don't think you agree with me. ;)

Sorry, with all the agreement I started feeling weird.
    I only got access to Soccer recently.
    And of course it's going to be biased. I dont like the guy. I'm saying so.
    And that's my point, if you dislike a guy state your case and prepare to be questioned. Don't be listing reasons only to contradict yourself in your own posts. Most of the problems on here stem from people "not liking" other people with no other reason than they play for a different team to the one supported by them.
    If a topic comes up about Beckham he'd get it too.
    Well the sex and sexuality forum is probably better suited to vent those feelings. Unfortunately you need access for that too.
    They'd be biased too. if you like or dislike something it's biased by definition
    What a load of garbage. I like Henry, I admire his skill, his ability technically and physically. I don't have any affiliation with him, Arsenal or France. Where is the bias in that? Or am I just giving credit where it's due?

Well I don't think you agree with me. ;)

Sorry, with all the agreement I started feeling weird.

And that's my point, if you dislike a guy state your case and prepare to be questioned. Don't be listing reasons only to contradict yourself in your own posts. Most of the problems on here stem from people "not liking" other people with no other reason than they play for a different team to the one supported by them.

Well the sex and sexuality forum is probably better suited to vent those feelings. Unfortunately you need access for that too.

What a load of garbage. I like Henry, I admire his skill, his ability technically and physically. I don't have any affiliation with him, Arsenal or France. Where is the bias in that? Or am I just giving credit where it's due?

Didn't I say I respect him as a player? But said his arrogance deserves none?

• Advertisement

But said his arrogance deserves none?
    But then you referenced an incident claiming it was arrogant for him to celebrate him scoring a tap in against Chelsea, despite them being one of their fiercest rivals (by your own admission) at the time?

As many people say when, ironically when having a pop at Henry, a goal is a goal, be it a volley from 30 yards or a tap in after an error, they all count the same. I find the aura he gives off highly amusing (as I'm sure he does), particularly as it gets an awful lot of peoples backs up, just like yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

....was laughing my ass off at the drama before the penalty too with the camera switching close ups between him and lehmann.

HA!! I couldn't help thinking of penalty in Fr. Ted with the over 70's priest indoor soccer final. :D
    dum dum...dum dum...dum dum..
    dudumdudumdudumdudum

But then you referenced an incident claiming it was arrogant for him to celebrate him scoring a tap in against Chelsea, despite them being one of their fiercest rivals (by your own admission) at the time?

As many people say when, ironically when having a pop at Henry, a goal is a goal, be it a volley from 30 yards or a tap in after an error, they all count the same. I find the aura he gives off highly amusing (as I'm sure he does), particularly as it gets an awful lot of peoples backs up, just like yourself.

It wasn't that he celebrated.It was the manner in which he did so as I already said.
    He has an arrogance that just isn't nice. you could say Ronaldinho has an arrogance due to the way he plays the game which would be the complete opposite to henry's arrogance.
    Anyway, I think we'll let this drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bacchus wrote:
    HA!! I couldn't help thinking of penalty in Fr. Ted with the over 70's priest indoor soccer final. :D
    dum dum...dum dum...dum dum..
    dudumdudumdudumdudum
    I thought the same thing! :D

As for the incident, I didn't see it at all. Of course he's a bit arrogant, it's not the end of the world. When you get paid as much as a professional footballer does and you're constantly being hailed as the best in the world, then you're bound to be a little arrogant.
    Again, I didn't see the incident, but people are saying it was unsporting. How sporting was it of Jose Marie to dive to win the penalty?

I thought the same thing! :D

As for the incident, I didn't see it at all. Of course he's a bit arrogant, it's not the end of the world. When you get paid as much as a professional footballer does and you're constantly being hailed as the best in the world, then you're bound to be a little arrogant.
    Again, I didn't see the incident, but people are saying it was unsporting. How sporting was it of Jose Marie to dive to win the penalty?

he got pushed as he jumped. If that happened outside the box it would be a free kick so should be the same inside, no matter how light the contact was! At 1st i didn't think it was, but the replay confirmed it for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't blame Henry if he did rub it in. Villarreal were on the verge of forcing extra-time on the back of a blatant dive.

he got pushed as he jumped. If that happened outside the box it would be a free kick so should be the same inside, no matter how light the contact was!
    (1) He wasn't pushed, Clichy made contact with him in an attempt to play the ball himself. Jose Mari kept his feet on the ground anticipating the youngster to go for the ball and making no effort to do the same, and at first contact went down. Some may say it was experience, but either way it's diving.

(2) Of course it matters how much contact was made, in case you didn't realise football is a contact sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

IMO, Henry does display this poor temperament too often than a player of his stature and ability should. He does petulent things, but then again, I'm biased against him and would have to admit that the likes of Ronaldo do similar things sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

(1) He wasn't pushed, Clichy made contact with him in an attempt to play the ball himself. Jose Mari kept his feet on the ground anticipating the youngster to go for the ball and making no effort to do the same, and at first contact went down. Some may say it was experience, but either way it's diving.

(2) Of course it matters how much contact was made, in case you didn't realise football is a contact sport.
    Absolutely spot on.

I also watched the whole game, plus the analysis after the game, plus highlights later on a completely different channel. Didn't see any of this alleged Henry stuff. And no, I'm not Arsene Wenger.

In any case, Henry, the Captain, had just seen his goalkeeper save Arsenal's season in a second. Me? I went mental, and I was hundreds of miles away in Dublin, so God knows what the feeling was like over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Arsenal players felt Maria dived and then celebrated amiss that got them into the CL final, im sure RVN wouldnt do that not even in a meaningless game against San marino or something ;)

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well there is nobody on here who saw the incident except the OP.

So its very very very very likey it didnt happen or the whole thing was miss-interpreted.
    So can we close this thread as some people are using to have a personal rant.

On the peno, as I said it was never a peno. yes clichy did touch him lightly but as soon as he did he fell DOWN not over.

How can someone be pushed in the back not fall over but fall down like he was shot!? ;)

Watch it again and you will see. Football is a contact sport last time I checked.

Anyway its all irrlevant now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

yeah he's a nasty streak in him.

that reaction was uncalled for and deserved a yellow card. i think he realised what he was doing and quickly got on with the match but he couldnt hide his true feelings.

henry is one of the worst losers there are (losers as is when his team loses!) arsenal can never lose a match without complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

jank wrote:
    On the peno, as I said it was never a peno. yes clichy did touch him lightly but as soon as he did he fell DOWN not over.

exactly my thoughts on it. although it was probably a penalty had he fell over (he WAS challenged pretty heavily), i wouldnt have given it due to him deliberately trying to get it. he made no attempt to stay on his feet.

Watched it last night and Sky and yes Henry did punch the air, but it wasnt aimed at the player, he had his back to him......punched the air a few times but then ran up the pitch. Think you will have seen a few players do this. Riquelma wasnt even looking at him it just happened that Henry was the closest player because the rest had ran over to congratulate Lehmann......

Think its someone just trying to nit pick with Henry. Of course the players are going to celebrate when there keeper has saved a peno in the dying minutes of the Champions League. What you think they are going to do? walk away and say "Well done Chap"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

To be honest I didn't see it either but if I was an Arsenal player (don't know if i could take the pay cut!) I'd have been jumping around the place in delight. Punching the air a few times not facing the player and then getting on with the game isn't in my opinion bad form, its just passion. Had it been a Martin Keown RVN style situation then we have a different argument all together.

As for was it a pen or not im slightly on the fence. The thing is Clichy was all the time looking at the ball and never the player. He went for the ball and hit the player. That signifies a pen to me but I also remember saying that it wasn't a pen in Stamford bridge when JT did the same to some Barca dude as he wasn't even aware of the player he was totally concentrating on the ball so I'll have to back up previous comments and say no it wasn't.

Can't have one rule for my club and another for a different club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement