Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XDA Mini S in Ireland?

• 26-04-2006 9:42am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw the o2 UK website and spotted this, the XDA Mini S; it's the same as another phone available in the UK on T-mobile (I think it's called the MDA Compact or something) but it doesn't seem to be available on any network in Ireland; I noticed Expansys were selling the phone but it's discontinued now...
    What would be the easiest/most reliable/cheapest way to get this phone in Ireland, obviously buying it in the UK would mean a contract to go with it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Hi most xda are made by imate so check out there site
    also check out
    http://phones.search.ebay.co.uk/XDA-Mini-S_Mobile-Phones_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfltZ9QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ3312

hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Back From The Future in Aungier Street stocks these devices brand new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

swingking wrote:
    Back From The Future in Aungier Street stocks these devices brand new

yes but they are abit over priced but if you have the money then its worth going to them or just buy off ebay or other online sites
    but back from the future do have great salesmen that have the knowledge of these products so that is a benefit if you have problem with with you know where to bring it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I have an XDA-MiniS. I got my sister who is based in Scotland to get it for me from a local shop. I paid for the phone and for the entire contract in one go and my sister sent it to me. Total cost was 272 Sterling.

It's a good device but it might be worth hanging on a little bit more. HP are releasing a new one very soon 6915 that will have a faster processor and built in GPS.

Really depends on the features you are looking for. I moderate on www.4winmobile.com and if you have any more questions just shout or drop by the site.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Many thanks for all the replies; how much are Back to the... selling their models for anyway?? Will keep an eye on ebay, not buying right now but hoping to soon (which will mean I probably won't buy until that new HP is coming out). Built in GPS would be a nice feature, but I wouldn't pay extra based on that alone, the XDA mini s seems to have what I want as far as a PDA/phone goes; thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement