Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Office

• 26-04-2006 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Can anyone settle an bet for me? "as an actor said to a bishop" was a quote from D Brent (DB). I think he used this quote ONCE throughout both series and the Xmas special. My friend thinks the quote was used by DB > once. Does anyone know who is right?

Cheers,
    Jeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭The Long Fellow

way more than once man, dont know how much, but he said it alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,621 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

"Actress said to a Bishop"

He uses it at least 3 times. He used it in the episode on last night where he takes the Swindon people out for a drink at lunch to prove he is funnier than Neil.

Neil: David your acting like a petulant Child

Brent: Young at Heart!

Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

can you give me another example? that would mean > 1 times and a 5er down for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

First episode, when he's introducing Ricky to Gareth.

"Gareth is my right hand man, immediately beneath me. As an actress said to a bishop!"

Or something to that effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Episode Number: 6 Season Num: 1

David: This is Karen Roper, my new secretary. You can all use her - oh, as the actress said to the bishop.

• Advertisement

At one time or another, i reckon every bloke in this office has been up at the crack of Dawn

Sorry, not relevent i know, but in another way it's so relevent!

ok ok. i loose. :mad:
    what does he mean when he says that anyway? i think its just a completely random saying that he just drops in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

hallelujah wrote:
    what does he mean when he says that anyway? i think its just a completely random saying that he just drops in.
    Ah bless! ;)

He's insinuating that it's a "Double Entendre"

This is Karen Roper, my new secretary. You can all use her - oh, as the actress said to the bishop

Can you see the "Double (sexual) Meaning" in that?

ya but why an actress and a bishop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Because there’s something inextricably saucy or suggestive about an actress being with a bishop. There's no point in trying to read too much into because there's nothing really to read.

It's just something you say when someone says something that maybe misinterpreted as suggestive.

Say for example, you were trying to get an old lawnmower out of your garden shed and it was stuck and you said to something like,

"Jaysus, I was pulling away at it for ages"

Someone could quite easily say, "As the Actress said to the Bishop"

See?

• Advertisement

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a quote a day from the office here jst to keep everyone laughin at work!

i'm up for that. i see Ricky Gervais is now doin videocasts aswell as podcast, think they're on his website. also, saw the Ricky G simpsons last night, bit disappointing.

Advertisement