Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle/Food Warmers

Options
  • 26-04-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

who makes the best bottle warmer? I've only seen two in shops, Avent and Mothercare brands. Neither have an on/off switch.

Worth the money? Do any have on/off switches?

Alan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Izzyone

I have a boots own brand and it is great, actually bought it six years ago and it is still working for our new addition. if you are bringing a bottle to bed to have ready for the baby when he or she wakes you can plug it in and leave the dial on the lowest number, it will get to a certain temp and stay at it so that when you need the bottle it is ready. I think it was €20 six years ago. Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use the Avent bottle warmer. Works well - no on/off switch though. Fits the Avent bottles perfectly (obviously) but I don't know how it works out with other brands of bottles. I find that you need to top up the water in it quite regularly as it evaporates quite quickly - especially if its left on which happens to me all the time. It'd be nice to get one with a simple timer (like on a George Foreman). I find that if the little one is screaming for the bottle I just whip the bottle out of the warmer and feed the baby and completely forget about the warmer being on! That said I've let it go dry LOADS of times without damaging the warmer. I assume it must have a pretty decent safety switch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I myself found the warmer of no benefit as I fed both my babies bottles at room temperature. I tried bottle warmer on first but found baby took bottles at room temp well.

Advertisement