Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car roller blinds

Options
  • 26-04-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

In a few weeks, we'll have our first baby, so as part of the preparation, my plan was to have the rear most windows (back doors and rear window) tinted on my Peugeot 607 to protect the baby on car journeys.

The wife isn't so keen on this expenditure and she's probably right, so I'm going to have to settle for normal stick on blinds for the car.

The 607 already has an electric roll up blind on the back window, so I'm looking for black roller blinds for the side windows. I'm not a fan of winnie the pooh type stick on things. I want a roller blind, but most of what I can find are tiny. They barely cover 75% of the glass and look a bit cráp.

Anyone know of top quality, large roller blinds for car windows and where I could get them? Or is there another solution?

Ideally, the type of blinds built in to the doors of renaults would be good since they cover most of the glass, but it's not going to be a doable option I think.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I had the smae problem - most of the rollers are useless as they let in as much light as they block.
    Maybe try getting some Peugeot blinds as these may have been designed to fit the window better than mothercare ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Hadn't thought of that, so I checked the Irish and UK Peugeot websites. No mention of side blinds for 607s.

I'll give them a call later.

Anyone else have large roller blinds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have you trawled through ebay.co.uk?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Have you trawled through ebay.co.uk?

Mike.

I have, blinds are few and far between, although I had found one set that looked wide enough, I just need to measure the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I know that Peugeot make a wire framed blind for the 307 that neatly fits into the rear door window frame and covers 100% of the glass. Check with a Peugeot dealer to see if such a 'blind' is available for the 607.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote:
    I know that Peugeot make a wire framed blind for the 307 that neatly fits into the rear door window frame and covers 100% of the glass. Check with a Peugeot dealer to see if such a 'blind' is available for the 607.

No such luck for the 607 I'm afraid. Just checked with the local dealer.

These a similar but appear to fit on the outside.............Worth a look. £23.00 sterling for the 607.

http://www.windowsox.co.uk/content.asp?page=about

crosstownk wrote:
    These a similar but appear to fit on the outside.............Worth a look. £23.00 sterling for the 607.

http://www.windowsox.co.uk/content.asp?page=about

These are interesting, could look a bit naff, but might do the trick at the same time. I'll do some more research on them and see. Not overly keen on having them on the outside, they may eventually end becoming all tatty and filthy.

AlanD wrote:
    These are interesting, could look a bit naff
    That would be my concern too. I imagine they are machine washable though. If they are easy to remove & refit then they might be the answer. The 'naffness' factor depends a lot on the colour of your 607.

crosstownk wrote:
    That would be my concern too. I imagine they are machine washable though. If they are easy to remove & refit then they might be the answer. The 'naffness' factor depends a lot on the colour of your 607.

I was thinking the same, the only colour car I think this could work on is a black car. My car is gold or beige metallic, whichever you like. I don't think it'll work.

• Advertisement

AlanD wrote:
    I was thinking the same, the only colour car I think this could work on is a black car. My car is gold or beige metallic, whichever you like. I don't think it'll work.
    I agree - it'd look like a black bin liner - as if you had two broken windows.:D
    Back to square 1.

Advertisement