Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceanfree mail

Options
  • 26-04-2006 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone here use oceanfree mail ??

Website down this morning ??

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

yep, down for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Anyway to contact them ??

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Topcat101 wrote:
    Anyway to contact them ??

i tried emailing via the contact page and they just said contact tech support, worse that useless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Back up, lost all todays mail tough......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Oceanfree seems to have completely disappeared now? Anyone know whether it's coming back? How am I supposed to get my mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

I'm getting 'Domain expired' daaaaaaamit >_<

Wired thing is, I can see the email headers via www.netvibes.com and setting up Popmail service - but cos I'm in work the firewall blocks a POP client from reading the messages.. feelin abandoned by BT :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Buffer

Not very impressive, is it? On the main BT website, they no longer mention the oceanfree service -- I wonder if they're retiring it? Surely it would be only polite to notify users.

I have a phonecall queued with BT's Tech Support, but they're very slow in getting back. Not surprising that there would be a few polite queries when they've let a domain and mail service expire ...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Buffer

BT's Tech Support person told me it is back working, but I still get the registration page. It sounds like they've changed the IP address and let the old one expire, but the change has not yet fully propagated (it can take several hours or even a day or two for domain name servers to pick up on changes and pass them on to others).

They assured me they've no plans to get rid of the oceanfree service -- not that I'd necessarily believe the assurances of a tech support person who just wants to get me off the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Good job, thanks for checking that out Buffer. I called the tech line but after 5 minutes holding had to get back to work.

We'll see what tomorrow brings I guess. Glad to hear they havn't abandoned it, its a good service.. I use Gmail too but for some reason always like the simplicity of oceanfree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Looking at the netsol whois, it appears that it was changed today.

If anyone need them they can temporarily use the ip address in their mail client

mail.oceanfree.net internet address = 212.2.162.36
    smtp.oceanfree.net internet address = 212.2.162.33

Web interface, http://212.2.162.36/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi

Of course incoming mail during the interruption won't arrive till the domain propagation is finished in a day or so.

In case anyone's security conscious, you can doublecheck using nslookup together with server ns.esatclear.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭techie

Down again since last night????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yep, there is a more recent thread in Broadband about that one.

Advertisement