Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Lockdown **SPOILERS**

• 26-04-2006 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Lockdown is a full program of matches all held inside the six sides of steel.

Team Japan vs Team USA
    This was a good opening match full of near falls and exciting teamwork.Team Japan's Black Tiger, Minoru Tanaka and Hirooki Goto against Team USA consisting of Sonjay Dutt, Jay Lethal and Alex Shelley. Shelleys commitment to the team is doubtful as he is the only heal and he hadn't been cooperating in matches leading up to this, but he put that behind him here. Shelley however was at fault for their loss, inadvertantly hitting Lethal, leading to him being pinned by Black Tiger.

Christopher Daniels vs Mystery Opponent
    Daniels was due to face Jushyn Lyger, but the Japanese legend refused to fight in the steel cage. He will appear in the coming weeks as captain of Team Japan in the X Cup.
    Daniels opponent was none other than Low-Ki(!), now under the name of Senshi. The former friends went at it but the returning Senshi came out victorious using the ropes to gain the pinfall.

Konnan vs "Bullet" Bob Armstrong (Arm Wrestling Match)
    I fell asleep during this, I think Bullet Bob won.

Chris Sabin vs Elix Skipper vs Chase Stevens vs Petey Williams vs Shark Boy vs Puma (X Division Xcape Match)
    The concept is that the first four guys get eliminated by pinfall or submission, and the last two guys have to escape the cage. This match was littered with botched moves and wasnt the spectacle it could have been. Stevens climbed to the top of the cage and hit the Shooting Star Press. Unfortunately for him everyone else moved, and he landed nastily flat on his face. The match came down to Sabin and Williams. It looked like D'Amore was gonna cost Sabin the match, but in comical fashion he ended up hampering Petey, allowing Sabin to escape.

Samoa Joe vs Sabu (X Division Title Match)
    I had been looking forward to this for weeks but it turned out to be another squash, Joe picking up the win after about five minutes. :mad:

Team Canada vs Team 3D (Anthem Match)
    I expected little and they delivered. It was a grab the flag match and the winner got to sing their anthem. Surprise surprise, Team 3D won.

Christian Cage vs Abyss (NWA Title Match)
    There was a good buildup to this match with Abyss, in my opinion the best big guy in the business, stalking Cage's wife and attacking him at his home. The match was ten minutes of bashing each other into the cage, followed by the inevitable thumbtacks. The match ended with Cage delivering the Unprettier to Abyss on the tacks. After the match Abyss and James Mitchell beat Cage down and attempted to hang him with a chain. Something tells me this feud isnt over.

AJ Styles, Ron Killings, Rhyno & Sting vs AMW, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett (Lethal Lockdown)
    This is like Stings War Games in WCW. Two guys start and one member of a team joins every two minutes. When all guys are in the ring the roof (with a multitude of weapons attached) is lowered on top of the cage. Nothing really happened til Sting appeared and the roof was lowered. "Cowboy" James Storm and AJ Styles ascended to the top of the roof. There a table and ladder were setup. Styles climbed to the top of the ladder and onto the lighting rig and dropped through Storm, through the table. This was pretty awesome looking and it helped draw attention awayt from the mess that was happening in the ring. In the end Sting applied the Scorpion Death Lock to Harris fore the win.

Oh yeah, Christy Hemme made an appearance, handing a letter to Mike Tenay who announced the return of Raven. That was that.

It was a pretty mediocre PPV and didnt live up to the last one, Destination X.

Sorry about the long write up, but I'm bored!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

castagnoli wrote:
    It was a pretty mediocre PPV and didnt live up to the last one, Destination X.

What?!! I only just caught it today, but it was ****in excellent! Destination X was awful, they'd had 5 consistently good ppv's before that, but it got bad last month. Lockdown was a return to form, very entertaining show

First match was great, built up some interest for the X Cup. Same usual high paced opening match I've come to expect from TNA

Haven't seen Low-Ki in a good while now, I'd heard him rumoured alright. By the way Tenay was talking, it sounds like he's back full time with TNA, which isn't really a bad thing. Great match here, Daniels always delivers. My one and only dream match is Daniels vs Angle

Arm wrestling match wasn't up to much. Really want to see Homicide back in the ring!

I didn't think there were that many botched spots in the X-cape match. Apart from the obvious one of Chase landing on his face, it was solid enough. Ending could've been a bit better, but I suppose the match was just an excuse to use the cage, give some guys ring time, and build up the X Cup again

Joe vs Sabu was a big disappointment. I was thinkin that it might have been because Sabu knew he'd be signing with WWE and didn't want to take too big a risk. Although wrestling with a broken arm is a big enough risk..

Team Canada vs Team 3D was another great match. A couple of weeks ago I was thinkin that if Team 3D won, it would mean they'd play the anthem of Dudleyville.. Anyway, some excellent action. A1 was better than I expected

Christian vs Abyss was match of the night. Christian's best TNA match so far (from the ones I've seen anyway). I'm goin to have to go watch this match again, I really enjoyed it! Abyss is really gettin used to those thumbtacks! Hopefully their next match lives up to this one

Main event was decent. It's nice to see crazy matches like that once in a while. AJ was high up there! I expected Sting to win, hopefully he'll get into a good feud with someone now. Steiner too, I'm willing to give him a chance. The storyline here isn't really great at the moment. Jarrett should get back into a singles feud, I'm still impressed with his singles matches

Glad to see Raven back, although he's not lookin the best. Christy was lookin quite a bit better though! I actually thought Raven would be "the new face of TNA", but obviously not now. Can't actually think of who it could be

Great ppv overall, a lot better than Backlash anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Meh, I just cant help but be overly critical of non X Division matches. And I dont like the concept of a full show of cage matches. They had one amazing cage match at Turning Point last year with AMW vs Triple X, and after that they jumped on the bandwagon so to speak but starting the Lockdown PPV.
    I watched the title match again and I was really impressed by it, but I still dont buy Christian as champ.
    I kinda preferred Destination X cos of the great match between Shelley an Lethal, no matches on this card came near that.
    Good to see yet another ROH guy on TNA now, albeit under a mask. Black Tiger = Ricky Reyes (not Japanese!)

Are you sure it's not Rocky Romero? Last I heard he was Black Tiger

I didn't really mind the cage gimmick in all the matches, it was barely used in some matches. I liked the way they had some holes cut in parts of the cage for the cameras actually. Sometimes the cage can get a bit distracting

I read it reported that Sabu and Joe's match was meant to go longer, but Sabu called for the finish early cos he was in so much pain. Can't say I ever thought I'd read that about Sabu! He shouldn't have really been competing though

Low-Ki/Senshi is back full time, 3 year deal he signed. Should make for some more great X-Division matches

Im pretty sure its Reyes, Black Tiger used the flying armbar which Reyes uses as his finisher. Having said that, I get them two confused all the time!

Low Ki is the X Division in my opinion so Im glad he's back. Im never going to accept the name change though!

I take it that was Sabu's arm that was bothering him, he seemed to be moving pretty freely. I wonder what they are going to do with Joe now. I cant see him getting beaten any time soon but I think hes just about done with the X Division the way it is. Hes fighting Lethal on Impact, I havent seen it yet but hopefully they start a decent program with them two, they have alot of history in ROH.

According to the source of all knowledge, Romero is the 4th Black Tiger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Romero That arm bar was brilliant, one of my favourite moves to watch

The fans are definitely big into Lethal, a program with him and Joe would do great business

I was just thinking, I kinda missed Matt Bentley. I've been gettin more into him recently

Haven't watched Impact in ages actually! It's probably changed a good bit since I last saw it

• Advertisement

Bentley hasnt been on Impact in a good while now. I used to like him but the Maverick gimmick is questionable and that dog Traci Brooks does nothing for him:eek:

They should re hire Kazarian too hes in limbo at the moment as far as i know

Actually, yeah, I miss Kazarian. As far as I can remember, he left TNA on good terms

Maybe they could replace Traci with Christy?! I keep hearing rumours about a women's division starting soon..hope they don't do it

Hopefully Aries sorts out his little dispute with TNA. Need him and Roderick Strong back on tv! Shark Boy was actually a lot worse than I remembered from the last time I saw him, a guy like Aries really could have made that match a lot better

Aries and Strong both skipped a TNA show for ROH but Strong has been back since, no sign of Aries though.

I heard some talk of TNA pulling their guys from ROH again and if that happens ill miss out on Joe, Styles, Daniels, Shelley, Strong, Aries, Homicide and Romero when im sitting RINGSIDE at the two ROH shows in England:cool:

A womens division in TNA is a really terrible idea. Really terrible. They have Jackie and Gail Kim, both of which are ok but they really dont have time at the moment to incorporate it.

Shark Boy has never impressed me. He is handy to make up the numbers in 6 men matches though. Ive rarely been so happy as when Steiner took out Norman Smiley the other week, I cant stand him and Shark Boy as a tag team!

Bastard! I don't think I'm able to go to those ROH shows. There'll always be another time though. Last I heard Aries is being stubborn about going back to TNA. I still don't really get it, they turned up on time at the ppv anyway, what's the big problem?

Funny story about Shark Boy actually, a few years ago he wrestled on Heat, but it was the week of a ppv, so it wasn't shown in America, only internationally. I saw it, and I'd seen him at the WWA show over here beforehand, so I posted a message on his site sayin I'd seen him on tv and whatever. He asked me if I could tape the repeat because he wouldn't be able to see it. I said yeah, went to do it, but somehow ****ed up! He was cool about it though, said he got it off someone else anyway

Ha thats pretty funny! I wonder what lies underneath the shark mask? Actually a feud between him and Delirious would be a good laugh!

The ROH tickets sold out pretty quickly in the end. Im heading over with a friend so travelling between Liverpool and Broxbourne (wherever the **** that is) in the middle of saturday night should be interesting. I dont mind if I dont see Styles and Daniels as I saw them last year in the SFX but I dont wanna miss out on any of the other guys.
    See Spud is doing a few shows in the US now, it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

A few questions! where are Jeff Hardy and Jerry Lynn? If you ask me, Samo Jeo is the only convincing looking heavey wieght TNA have whos not on the way out, they realy should push him to the last. He should be the new face of TNA

Jerry Lynn is still there behind the scenes but he's not wrestling anymore. tbh i could care less about Jeff Hardy, hes probably off recording more dirt albums with his ****e band.
    I agree, Joe is one of the few guys there who can lead the company to greater success. Abyss is another impressive heavyweight, but aside from him they are low on big guys. I like Christian but he isnt going to push them any further than they already are.

On Impact this week
    Jarrett and Steiner came down at the end of Joes match, and Joe and Steiner had a stare down. Hopefully Joe gets to kick his ass soon!

A match with those two would be interesting. Obvious who the face would be!

Hardy's still suspended for missing a show. His fans still go to the events though, you can tell who they are because they glow in the dark (I'm actually being serious, one guy was on camera during Lockdown a good bit). I don't want to see him in the ring at all, but a feud with him and Christian would interest a lot of fans

I think Rhino's been doin well so far in TNA. Raven's still able to go with the best of them if he could get his health sorted out too. And if Bobby Roode were ever to leave the tag scene, I think he could hold his own with the heavyweights

Yeah Ive been enjoying Rhyno over the last few months, he had a great series with Abyss. Im glad to see he's piling on the pounds again! A return to the ECW Rhyno.

I read somewhere that Homicide is unhappy with his protrayal on TV and has criticised the TNA creative team. He is obviously being underused there but he's the only decent wrestler in LAX, Konnan cant go anymore and Hotstuff never could so it would make sense if Homicide got a decent singles run.

I don't know if he's still being kept out of matches because of his shoulder injury, but if he's healed up then he should definitely be in the ring a lot more. I was watchin him vs Punk from FIP a while ago, falls count anywhere classic that ended up in the strip club! Gas match

Just went onto Youtube.com there, Global Impact is the featured video. There was an interview with Team Canada, and Johnny Devine is back. I'd completely forgotten about him! Tyson Dux has joined them aswell, still doin the dance. I'm about to watch Team Canada vs Team USA minus Shelley, it's deadly the way TNA have that deal with Youtube. Should pick them up some more fans

"YOU...ARE...A...WHORE!!!" - CM Punk

Did you get that FIP DVD or where did you see that match? Ive only ever seen that clip.

Ill check out yuotube now, I remember the name Johnny Devine but I cant place him

That one I think I downloaded a long time ago. I've started feeling a bit guilty about stuff I've downloaded, got to buy a load of ROH t-shirts for the summer!

Why are ya heading stateside? Download all the WWE and TNA stuff you want guilt free, it makes up for spending ****loads of money on ROH DVD's!
    I just saw that Global Impact, I think Borash and Christy need to work on their onscreen chemistry a bit!
    Eric Young is one of the best at selling Ive seen, that flip to the outside where he cracked his face off the apron, priceless!!
    And Shelley keeps on getting better: "Hi Kevin, oh here I picked these up for you at the shop". That should be an interesting interview

No I'm not, I just feel a bit guilty about the ROH stuff I've downloaded, so I might order a few things off their site. Or better yet, see if Wrestling Mania has any more stuff. I don't feel bad about downloadin TNA, I could easily go to a mate's house and watch it. And WWE can go **** themselves!

I've never liked Borash. Smarmy prick! Hopefully Shane Douglas gets back soon, it was a bit strange havin him interview people, I liked it

Yeah, apparently Kevin Nash still has some dates that TNA can get him to work if they want. Doubt he will though. Unless..he ends up as Sting's partner. Don't know where they're goin with that

Eric Young is just priceless at this stage. So many of them have come on so much since I first started watchin, it's hard to believe

Id buy ROH stuff of their website sooner than the wrestling shop (sorry guys!!). The website offers 4 for 3 deals regularly. You should definately get Vendetta, the main event between Danielson and Strong is a big match of the year candidate. I have to catch up with all this years stuff, I havent seen anything of it yet and its getting harder and harder to avoid spoilers.
    I was thinking there, do ya think WWE is copying the ROH CZW feud with the impending ECW return?

The Franchise is getting over a painkiller addiction.
    http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=16185

• Advertisement

I know, read an interview with him on TNA's site. Good for him that he copped onto it before it got too late, and that he stuck with rehab. Sounds like hell

I wouldn't say it'll be too similar to ROH/CZW's. They'll definitely play it off with some guys being faces in ECW and heels in WWE though. Don't know how long that interaction will last though, I can't really imagine many ECW vs WWE events yet. Maybe when ECW is set up properly they'll get a bit of a feud goin on for a ppv

Gettin Vendetta right now, not through the proper means though.. I'll give them some of my money when I've got a bit more! Haven't seen much of the stuff from this year either, half keepin up to date with it though. I just realised somethin there, I assumed Punk would be edited out of that ROH show he did this year, but apparently he's in the dvd! Gotta get a look at that, the reports sounded excellent

Yeah that was good of Vince to let him do that show, Id say the pop Punk got was huge. There are so many matches from the CZW ROH battle that Ive heard about...I cant wait to catchup! I see
    Christian is coming in for a tag match against Danielson with mystery partners. Should be great!

Apparently Vince didn't let him do it though, and got a bit angry, Tommy Dreamer gave him the ok because he didn't see any problem with it. Which sounds good for Punk's chances in ECW

That match will be interesting alright. For some reason, I really thought it was crazy when Abyss showed up in ROH!

I loved seeing Abyss in ROH. A mate of mine was at the show when he debuted, the night CM Punk said goodbye to ROH (Bastard!!). He said the crowd went mental for Abyss. It was cool seeing him launch Matt Sydal 10 feet in the air.
    Regarding Christians partner, I heard it could be
    Cabana. Thats a comedic dream team!

Advertisement