Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents who enclose 'photos' on websites....

Options
  • 26-04-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Only when you open the ad it's their company's logo. Apartment photos showing the outside of the block (and nothing else) or something even less relevant. Two ads on daft.ie today: one ad features a picture of a LUAS, the other Rathmines town hall.
    Are estate agents aware of how irritating this is?

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

With daft, i think they just do this as they think their ad will stand out more. I know where you are coming from though, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scsa

Or ads with fuzzy camera phone pictures that are smaller than the thumbnail when you open them.... :rolleyes: Why bother?

I suppose that's the state of the market, agents don't even need to do a half-decent job to be guaranteed a sale/let.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

latenia wrote:
    Only when you open the ad it's their company's logo. Apartment photos showing the outside of the block (and nothing else) or something even less relevant. Two ads on daft.ie today: one ad features a picture of a LUAS, the other Rathmines town hall.
    Are estate agents aware of how irritating this is?

:mad:

i persume its for the "its near the luas I'll take it" crowd....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Maybe the place is just a dive and they want to you come and see it for the hard sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

This drives me completely insane too. It's even more annoying if it's an individual rather than an agency trying to let a room and they don't enclose anything at all. Of course an agency should also go to the effort to put up photos, but it's understandable that they may not have the time or resources to do so for every single letting (or some other crap reason along those lines). An individual has no excuse. I have very little patience for somebody who can't even be bothered to throw up a couple of photos, especially if there're desperately trying to let the room/property/whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

Many landlords are quite old school or not PC savy. First off they have to have a digital camera and next they have to be able to upload the pictures. It maybe very simple but if you don't know much about computers it is too much for many.

THe estate agents are just lazy. JUst going to myhome and look. Floor plans not included, more than one picture of a room yet none of some rooms etc... They are most likely trying to hide bad features. I don't understand the people who are willing to pay for the bad service. THey must not check out what the estate agent is doing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

THe estate agents are just lazy. JUst going to myhome and look. Floor plans not included, more than one picture of a room yet none of some rooms etc... They are most likely trying to hide bad features. I don't understand the people who are willing to pay for the bad service. THey must not check out what the estate agent is doing.

I'll second this. Have a look at Sherry Fitzgerald's Kildare properties on myhome.ie
    No floor areas, no indication of site sizes, no descriptions of gardens or any features. As for the photos- surely they could turn on lights in rooms prior to photo'ing them- and also a long dark hallway is not exactly the best way to sell a house. Have a look at this one for an example:

http://www3.myhome.ie/search/property.asp?id=263985&np=&rt=search&searchlist=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Many landlords are quite old school or not PC savy. First off they have to have a digital camera and next they have to be able to upload the pictures. It maybe very simple but if you don't know much about computers it is too much for many.
    I am aware of this, but my point is that I don't think it's good enough tbh. It's not difficult in this day and age to find somebody who would be able to lend you a camera for a couple of minutes/take pictures for you and show you what to do with them, or do it for you. A little effort is all I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

smccarrick wrote:

Sure its only going for €375,000, why would you spend more than 25 minutes trying to sell that...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sometimes its hard to get a good photo with rooms being small and a lack of a wideangle lenses and a bad photo does more damage then good one. But there are some crap efforts out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement