Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returned product - No refund Given

Options
  • 26-04-2006 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

I retruned a faulty mp3 player to Argos head office in the UK about 6 months ago now. The girl in the CEOs office told me on 3 separate occasions that she'd posted out a refund. I never received one and now she is ignoring all my correspondence. The value of the mp3 player is €400.

I've tried ringing her office a swell but she never returns my calls.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

get a solicitor to send the strongly worded letter ,registered of course, to whom ever you were dealing with and let it go from there
    Why did you do your dealings with head office?a local store would have been better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm guessing there was a dispute over whether or not it was faulty and he had to take it further ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

get a solicitor to send the strongly worded letter ,registered of course, to whom ever you were dealing with and let it go from there
    Why did you do your dealings with head office?a local store would have been better

Basically the shop refused to take back the product and after writing a letter to the MD, they asked for me to send it to the UK and said they'd take it back and provide a full refund.

How much will a solicitors letter cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

ianmc38 wrote:
    Basically the shop refused to take back the product and after writing a letter to the MD, they asked for me to send it to the UK and said they'd take it back and provide a full refund.

How much will a solicitors letter cost?

Why did they refuse at the shop?

I must admit it sounds very questionable to send something yourself to the head office. He should have been able to tell the store to take it if need be.

I can't see a letter helping as they sent a refund. Are you saying she claims to have sent the refund or that she will send the refund "she'd" could mean "would" or "had". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Find someone else to talk to in the office
    There can't be just one person.
    You prob have this number 0044 870 600 8784

The shop can't tell you to send it to the UK as your contract is with them not with anyone in the UK.

Contact http://www.flac.ie/
    (Free legal advice)

• Advertisement

Why did they refuse at the shop?

I must admit it sounds very questionable to send something yourself to the head office. He should have been able to tell the store to take it if need be.

Basically I returned the product 4 times due to a recurring fault. When the problem reoccured again it was out of warranty. I went ballistic over the matter in store and the manager refused to accept it back. Thats when i wrote the letter to the MD of Argos.

They rang the store but the manager was adamant that he wasn't going to accept it, so I returned it to the UK as requested by the PA to the CEO. She then toldme a refund was en route in the post.

This process was repeated 3 times. Now she ignores any attempts at contacting her. I would like to send a solicitors letter, but I believe they cost a few hundred euro and I doubt Argos would refund that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

ianmc38 wrote:
    Basically I returned the product 4 times due to a recurring fault. When the problem reoccured again it was out of warranty. I went ballistic over the matter in store and the manager refused to accept it back. Thats when i wrote the letter to the MD of Argos.

They rang the store but the manager was adamant that he wasn't going to accept it, so I returned it to the UK as requested by the PA to the CEO. She then toldme a refund was en route in the post.

This process was repeated 3 times. Now she ignores any attempts at contacting her. I would like to send a solicitors letter, but I believe they cost a few hundred euro and I doubt Argos would refund that as well.
    my solicitor does one for €30 and only charges me if its effcetive,he will basically ask for proof that the refunds were cashed,ie proof they were sent in the first place and then cashed by you it will be long and slow process but sometimes its the kick in the arse they need

Any chance you could pm me this guys details?

Thanks.

Advertisement