Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy park skatepark build starts tuesday

Options
  • 26-04-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

plan.gif

It's been a good week for skateparks.Preliminary work on Bushy park will start on tuesday (mondays a bank hol).

bushy_plan.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭da7a

excellent! any idea how long it will be under construction?
    Im really looking forward to skating it!
    its only up the road from work for me so im sure ill be spending a lot of evenings there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

deadly! cant wait for that! any idea when its gonna be done? im gonna spend like most of my summer there! its only 20 mins from y house so it shud be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Looks pretty fly. Long overdue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Where abouts in the park is it going to be?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Duh, where the tennis courts are. Tennis is gay anyway.

Oh be nice...!

FX whats ur deal? u wer being a faggit before saying kids needed their tennis courst and stuff now you're being cool about it. It's great you're being cool about it and all but like, why the sudden change of heart?

I've had no sudden change of heart? What are you on about? You must have me confused with someone else dude.

skate4evr wrote:
    FX whats ur deal? u wer being a faggit before saying kids needed their tennis courst and stuff now you're being cool about it. It's great you're being cool about it and all but like, why the sudden change of heart?
    He also secretly has a crush on Chuck Norris...!

• Advertisement

hey does anyone kow when its gonna be done by?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If only this had been built when I were a lad.... :(

Good to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

The preliminary stuff is scheduled for today - fencing/site clearance, etc.
    Its scheduled to take (approx) 10 weeks, but with builders ya never know....
    That said, Geth Noble (Mr Airspeed) is overseeing things so it should be bangin!

Keep a crafty eye on the site (far end of the tennis courts) cos I'd expect to see some of the disgruntled local residents lying down in front of JCBs
    - they don't want this type of thing in " their park ".

Good things come to those who wait...etc. :D

JohnBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Something similar happened at a concrete park in Wales last year. The local residents ended up smashing up the construction machinery and ruined damp concrete in an effort to waste some of the budget - the guilty parties were convicted of criminal damages IIRC...

10 weeks eh? deadly! so whens the actual building beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Was in the park today, work has started but they havent really got much done, just put up the fences and startedt clearing. They still havent finished putting all the fences up but there was a mixer running for concrete which means they must be close to putting some down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Woo!! About time too.
    About a minute walk from my school, so I can see myself spending an awful long time there next year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Jello wrote:
    Woo!! About time too.
    About a minute walk from my school, so I can see myself spending an awful long time there next year. :D

about a minute walk from my old school too :)

it will take a total of 4 minutes for me to get from my house to the park - sweet!

so any update on how its goin?

Well, they've dug up the ground.... and that's about it!

• Advertisement

are they gettin anywhere with this? like what've they got done now?

Still digging. Some nice baby cygnets on the pond though!

Am working 10 mins away from it, will drop over middle of next week with a camera.

ah cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

excellent, some photos would b good.

In the local free paper the Rathfarnam Times it has been reported that they have found remains that are believed to be from a early Viking settlement. All work has ceased until the area can be provisionally excavated to determine if the find is of value. It says this may take anything from 6 to 12 weeks depending on how much material they have to work through. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You better be ripping the **** Ive never even heard of the Rathfarnham Times.

Really? You can pick it up in a lot of the shops around the area. I'll try and the article and scan it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

You better be ripping the **** Ive never even heard of the Rathfarnham Times.

Me neither.

Very funny FX.

i was just up there today and i didnt see any stuff from vikings, there'd be ALOT of media attention from it if there was stuff there! and so somehow i doubt that there really is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

I would not be surprised, there has been a fair amount of archiological finds around the rathfarnham area over the years

Advertisement