Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy park skatepark build starts tuesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

No I was there today at lunch and they were working away. Plus they are going nowhere near deep enough to find anything of any archealogical value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Was there at luch break today and they've basically just dug a big hole in the ground, after, what a month working? And they wanna have it finished soon? I think it'll take a lot longer than expected...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

they are digging up a previously built on surface. Its a former tennis court for gods sake.

I was there last week, and i took 3 pics of the site. I hope to be there every week or 2 to take pics to keep the lads up to date. They are takin on my mobile phone - its 1.3mp, so dont expect much in quality... They are clear enough.

im in the uk at the moment, so i dont have my phone stuff to get the pics off it. Ill do it when iget back(wed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭adiobam

Umm i dont wanna sound thick but where is bushy park??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Between Terenure and Rathfarmnha, just north of the Dodder River.
    Redice - where do you take the pics from...? There are no good vantage points!! I had to climb a tree at one point and still got rubbish

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

On second thoughts, got some....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Skateboard-IRL

shagman wrote:
    plan.gif

It's been a good week for skateparks.Preliminary work on Bushy park will start on tuesday (mondays a bank hol).

bushy_plan.jpg

Exellent!!! Designs look class!!:D

Monday June 12th...

Doesn't look like much, but the holes are a good big bigger and deeper....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

When are they gettin in the cement mixers? at this rate its not gonna be done for ages.... :confused:

UPDATE....

Thursday June 22nd
    Seems to be taking a bit of shape now... still looking at early August completion date, though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Tis a ****ing joke. They closed off the only basketball court there to build the skate park... how many tennis courts have they left open! ****ing stupid the lot of them.

Ya im pissed they closed the court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

yeah it was a pretty ****e thing to do actually, the one place like! it woulda bin grand on any of the tennis courts but they chose the one basketball court! ah well theres alot more basketball courts in ireland, as it is, then there is skateparks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 5ideshow

one of the crew said they were going to start pouring the concrete this week
    ooooooooooohhhhhhh yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

What? They took the basketball court away? What a pack of morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Ye was there the other day, they have done a few sections with concrete now, looks deep! That crazy american designer is going to kill alot of people with this bowl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

It's not deep at all it will only be 8ft deep at the deepest section of the big bowl. It was going to be deeper but allowances had to be made for the depth the drainage had been set at.
    Deeper does not allways equate to being more dangerous anyway as usually a deep bowl will have a bigger transition giving more space to slide out.
    They do feel scarier to ride though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oldskool

First post today guys, been watching in the wings for a short time though.
    Any photos of progress at bushy if they have started to pour 'crete? It's a long way for me ( co. antrim ) but I hope to be at ramp city on sunday morning for a skate - Do any of you guys skate there - maybe we have met?
    We are trying to get a skatepark up here - check us out at : www.acusa.co.uk

:)

oldskool wrote:
    First post today guys, been watching in the wings for a short time though.
    Any photos of progress at bushy if they have started to pour 'crete? It's a long way for me ( co. antrim ) but I hope to be at ramp city on sunday morning for a skate - Do any of you guys skate there - maybe we have met?
    We are trying to get a skatepark up here - check us out at : www.acusa.co.uk

:)

Will have something for you Monday evening, weather permitting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

It certainly does look deep, but if the transitions aren't too steep then that's fine. I've seen part of the shallow end concreted, and it looks good, but even that looks deep too. Maybe it's just cos I can't get a proper look at it though, I'm sure it will be fine. The spine looks like it's gonna be pretty steep though!! It's too early to tell yet though, I haven't really seen much of it, I might pop there on the weekend and see how its progressed. It's pretty exciting anyway because I live so close to it. Really looking forward to having something new to ride.

Does anyone know yet what regulations are going to be enforced by the clubhouse? Opening times? Restrictions? Whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StephenCD

Transitions will be fine, looks like 5foot with 7.5 transitions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i was in bushy park yesterday (saturday) and i took some pics. That bowl looks absolutly amazing, it really is an amazing ramp. I climbed up on the railings and tried to get as high up as possible without putting myself in danger of falling on a spike and got a snap on the phone. I just hope that everyone takes a turn, and at most there is 4 people on the ramp

ill upload the pics tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

how exactly will you get to bushy park. ive played football there before, but cant remember.

Depends on where you're coming from.

16/16a from Santry via O'Connell Stree
    17 from Blackrock dart station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

The 15, 15B, 65, 65B, 49, 49B also stop outside Bushy.

UPDATE

Photos taken july 3rd... sorry for delays in updateing. Can#t resize, so you'll have to follow the link...

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551991839&security=SiuRkF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Typical the year i decide to spend abroad in college is the year they finally get the park going! :( Cant wait, hopefully itl be built on time and il have a quick skate on it before i go!

Theyve been talking about this park since i was in 1st year of secondary school which was back in '98! haha! only 8 years later..better late than never i say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Them pictures are great. It looks like they are making the bowls of a decent size :D

When is the park scheduled to be finished? I wonder would it be wise to go when it opens or not, i imagine there will be alot of people there. Some of which might not have skated conc before and possibly affraid to drop in ? I cant imagine the carnage thats gonna happen at the start...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oldskool

Now that is worth the 3 hour drive can't wait, Keep the updates coming!:D

• Advertisement

Advertisement