Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman at B&Q retail park

Options
  • 26-04-2006 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

driving past ,ast night on old Tipperary road and saw Harvey Norman sign up on the sign for the retail park...
    is it open yet
    or whats the story re. it.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thats news to me! It'd be cool to have ol' Harvey here! Gawd knows we've listened to his ads long enough!

"HawveeNawmanSoopaStoze!!"
    :D

This guy "Bard" seems to be in the know...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

No it's still a shell was at Halfords yesterday and it's definately nowhere near opening. 2-3 weeks maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

I don't see what the big deal is about Harvey Norman. People should buy stuff from local business instead of lining the pockets of some Aussie billionaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

radioman wrote:
    I don't see what the big deal is about Harvey Norman. People should buy stuff from local business instead of lining the pockets of some Aussie billionaire.

DIXONS, CURRYS and PC WORLD? ATLANTIC HOMECARE, HOMEBASE and B&Q? :D This country needs some competition.

IB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

radioman wrote:

Alot of local businesses are just as expensive as multi-national businesses. This is ripoff Ireland after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

*cough* mcs computers *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

MCS???? Are you having a laugh? I know someone who worked for them and lets just say they'd be way down on my list of people to buy a computer from.
    *cough*Quality*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

bazz26 wrote:
    Alot of local businesses are just as expensive as multi-national businesses.

as expensive ? , more expensive more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

anyone know why they are slow with filling the spaces at cityeast
    they should all have shops open there by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Crea wrote:
    MCS???? Are you having a laugh? I know someone who worked for them and lets just say they'd be way down on my list of people to buy a computer from.
    *cough*Quality*cough*

im saying there a rip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Sorry Limerickman, missed that one.

I do pity the smaller businesses though cause the can't take advantage of the lower prices the multis get when buying such large volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I heard an ad on the radio saying this would be open this weekend - just wondering if anyone knows if they're open today or not?

chuckles30 wrote:
    I heard an ad on the radio saying this would be open this weekend - just wondering if anyone knows if they're open today or not?

The Limerick Independent has a full backpage ad: Opening Saturday Morning!

"Bring A trailer - Bring Cash!" ... apparrently... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Thanks for the info - must go in and have a look next week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, the ad is on page 5 of the Limerick Post too.

Its open at 9am on Saturday, and the ad says "100s of offers in store - first come first served".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

It's a pity that there is no bus service out there!

IB

as good as harvey normans is its still not a reason for me to become a regular shopper at city east
    ya ok so i rarely need any stuff from B&Q (only 16) and ok halfords is ok but gets a bit same old same old after a while
    no interest in toymaster
    see some store called 'in store' but dont have a clue what it is
    and not sure what shops are going to fill the other spaces
    then again ill give harvey norman a try this weekend and see how good it is

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The thing with the City East Retail Park is it needs something big like a Tescos, M & S or something similar to pull the crowds in. For example, Dunnes Stores pull large crowds of shoppers to the Childers Road retail park and this helps the other outlets there do business. This plus the fact that you have Atlantic Homecare and Home Base located close by doesn't help.

The one thing I find great about the City East retail park is the traffic suituation, it is alot easier to get in and out of by car than the likes of the Cresent or Childers Road retail park. Pitty they don't run a bus out that way, maybe they will if the muppets in the council ever open that link road joining the Tipperary and Dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

instore are a household furniture shop,
    not a bad shop
    they are currently located along Ellen street
    I dont know if that shop is closing down as a result of the new shop..

by the way the link road fiasco is down to some dispute between the county council and some developer..its a disgrace that it hasnt been opened as it would help the parkway roundabout a "small" bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Instore are staying in town as well as having the new store

anyone been in it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Yeah was in there over the weekend nicely laid out and god stock with very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

anyone know the opening hours for harvey's?
    they havent an irish website set up as of yet...

Advertisement