Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertical Radiators

Options
  • 26-04-2006 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi we are at the stage where the plumber is on site and needs to know what goes where, some of our windows are quite large and too near the ground to put radiators underneath. Thinking of vertical radiators as a feature in one of the rooms. Does anyone know any good websites I can look at, preferably in Ireland.

thanks

ellie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm also in the market for two vertical radiators. They're pretty expensive, though B&Q have a decent designer range at lower prices than I've seen in any shops around Dublin, and the quality seemed to be better than their normal rads.

I'm probably gonna buy them online from the UK - this site and this site are a starting point. Good luck and let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Thanks Frank, they look good, i prefer the ones that don't look like towel warmers will see if our plumber knows any other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

god b&q have a huge selection, now to choose a colour and height .....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wayneywuff

Yes. I have found that Vertical Radiators are very expensive to buy in Ireland. There are some online retailers in the UK that have very good deals and also ship to Ireland. One word of caution, I had a problem with a UK retailer called Bathroom-Envy.com. They wanted to levy an additional shipping charge after the online payment was completed and accepted by them. Completely unprofessional and I cancelled the transaction as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

All the links are good but one source that was missed and is very impressive is the Hodson reed/house of amber range. Most bathroom shops will have the catalogues on them. They are cheap(My fav word) and they have good outputs.

Be careful with marriott or Quinn rads both the same company make sure you are aware of there no returns policy! Excellent rad cheap enough but be careful

Myson are very dear but excellent quality. its kinda like using a porsche to pull a trailer when using them in a domestic situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm guessing that this is no longer a problem for the OP considering that his post was over 3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wayneywuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClimateGirl

We bought a huge one at Chadwicks that we're delighted with. Everyone compliments it when they see it, and it was several 100 euro less than other large "fancy" ones I've seen online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

Vertical Radiators are going up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

First off, this is an excellent thread and is what makes this site indispensible! :)

We're building a kitchen extension (about 325 sq. ft.) and I spent some time today looking for radiators. I want to put in two narrow wall rads and one window rad.

First off, the cost of vertical rads is nuts! For the price of two nice (but not 'designer') rads (about €1500) I could have a 24" Sony flat scree TV, a new laptop and a Ryanair ticket to just about anywhere they fly to. All that for two glorified kettles. Incredible! This business must be unique in the level of its margins.

Anyway, will check out B&Q and the others.

Many thanks.

D.

Advertisement