Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Walnut by any other name.....

• 26-04-2006 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

I ordered my kitchen in solid walnut and it is being fitted as we speak.
    The kitchen is being supplied by a local fitter but he orders the kitchens in from Italy.
    Now as I am browsing here on the internet I have discovered my solid walnut is in fact solid lime wood painted a walnut colour.
    So I am in effect not getting a solid walnut kitchen.
    This is surely false advertising.
    Can he describe the kitchen as solid walnut when it is solid lime painted a walnut colour?
    The kitchen is costing 16K.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Rip off. He should have described it as walnut stained.
    kadman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Soledad

My quote was for solid walnut doors......
    I am so upset by this as it took ages to source the kitchen and get it installed.
    Should I agree to pay him half the quoted price as I have gotten suggestions that Lime wood costs half the price of solid walnut or should I tell him to take out the kitchen and supply what we agreed, which will take four months I don't have.
    Or to take the kitchen away altogether. and start the process again.

No matter what I do I am being compromised and it is so unjust after I thought I had chosen one of the best in the kitchen business as far as reputation goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

That's a real stinker of a situation.

You probably know this already but just in case, maybe the people over on the Consumer Issues Forum maight be more help on this one, or even the Legal forum. If you are going to fight this then probably best to have a solicitor look at any documentation you have.

Hope it works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Soledad

Many thanks.....it is in fact solid walnut, we had the kitchen inspected and found that I had jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Advertisement