Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brayton Park Maintenance Fees

Options
  • 26-04-2006 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hello all. This is my first time to post on the site, so if I'm doing anything wrong or putting stuff in the wrong area please let me know.

I moved into Brayton Park in Kilcock about 4 months ago and am just about getting settled. Certain things have been bugging me of late with the estate, one of which is the street lighting. When I rang the developer to find out who the management company for the estate was to report the "broken street lights", I was told there was no managment company yet! I'm just wondering why I had to pay €411 to close the deal on the purchase of my house when it obviously hasn't been going to any sort of management company. My solicitor has told me that it's the builder that is responsible for the upkeep of the estate until it's formally handed over to a management company. The problem is that they keep saying that anything that crops up, like lighting or water issues, is not their problem.

I've been reading other issues relating to maintenance fees in other threads but I was wondering if anybody here has been living in Brayton for over a year yet? Have you been asked to pay a further €400 (or so; not sure what the costs are for apartments and townhouses) for the second year of you living in Brayton Park? If so, have you refused to pay it?

Since I moved in I've also noticed quite a few houses and townhouses in the older part of the estate up for sale (about 9). Is there something that they know about that other newer residents in the estate don't?

Thanks for any responses/help that you might have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

first off....many people buy houses in new developments and move out within the first 2 years ....not something you should worry about.

as per the mgmt charge...who did you pay it to ? the builder or a mgmt company? if you paid it to the builder then they are responsible for the upkeep of the estate.....one sure way to know where the cash went is to not pay the next demand...see who brings you to court over the unpaid bill!!

Advertisement