Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with SQL in VB

Options
  • 26-04-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Can someone give me some insight to how this works? Im messing about with what ever I can VB related atm, and this is one hurdle I've been putting off for a while now.

Basicly
    Is the overall coding the same as that of an access db?
    Do I need to import anything to make it work?
    Do I need to run any third party software? (server)

Can anyone put up some generic code to add, edit, view data in a form?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

take a look at some of the links ont he first page here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=vb6+ado+example&meta=

ADO is what you use to connect VB6 to database. ADO can connect to any database type, even Access. But if you have SQL Server or something similar then go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

you could also use DAO(not supported anymore) and direct ODBC connections as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

If he's only just starting then there's not much point learning DAO and odbc direct. ADO is easier than both and there are more examples available.

Advertisement