Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland Service (Lack of)

• 26-04-2006 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I am still waiting for my modem after 5 weeks. 3 weeks ago I called BT Ireland and asked why my modem hadn't been delivered. They said I had to pay a deposit because I was tennant and not the house owner. I asked whay I hadn't been informed of this and they said I should have got a letter. I didn't.

So I paid the deposit and waited for my modem. No sign of it. I also didn't get a receipt for paying my deposit and had to ask for one when I called back.

Again I called and asked what the delay was. The customer rep looked into it and said that nothing had been done since I called last. I asked him if anything would have been done if I hadn't called them and he said "To be honest, probably not". This isnt acceptable.

So Im still waiting for my modem. What are the chances of getting it soon? Dont know.

Over the 5 weeks I received no contact of any kind from BT Ireland. Disgraceful service.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

markol wrote:
    . I asked him if anything would have been done if I hadn't called them and he said "To be honest, probably not". This isnt acceptable.

a well known problem , see http://www.btireland-sucks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

I gave up on BT after 7 weeks and approx a dozen phone calls. You will here every excuse under the sun but the truth is their Customer Services just don't care. I rang them and cancelled the order (they still didn't care) and went to UTV and was up and running in 4 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nearlyhappy

A BT manager said something funny to me recently.

She said she didnt call me because "she was called away to training"

Now I wonder, judging by the posts on this board, what or whom are they training.

It certainly isnt customer service reps...

Maybe its sealions for a new BT Circus they are opening, Come to think of it, the sealions would probably make a better go at customer service than BT do...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Come to think of it, the sealions would probably make a better go at customer service than BT do...

:)

Thats just f-ing stupid.
    This guy is looking for help and you always use these kinda threads to slag off BT. Tbh i read ur post about ur problems with BT but man do you like to f-ing moan!

markol wrote:
    So Im still waiting for my modem. What are the chances of getting it soon? Dont know.

Dude as i tell most ppl here if you get no satisfaction across the phone then lodge a formal complaint! - complaints@btireland.ie
    Im pretty sure that'll fix ur problem - official complaints always look bad so companies tend to solve them quickly *cough* NTL *cough* :)

Tech Pete wrote:
    Thats just f-ing stupid.
    This guy is looking for help and you always use these kinda threads to slag off BT. Tbh i read ur post about ur problems with BT but man do you like to f-ing moan!

So let me get this straight, this post is called BT Ireland Service (lack of) and I post my experience with BT's dismal support, and you think this is somehow incorrect...

You must work in support.....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If you must know I work in a complaints department.
    However if/when one comes into our company questions get asked so we solve them quickly.
    Not sure how it works in an ISP but according to ComReg its like 5 days or something.
    We solve ours in 1 (mostly :p )

So you see I know how they work. And if i ever have any problems i dont bitch about it, i get it sorted. He is clearly looking for ways to do this. I merely gave him the answers (oh and if anyone has an issue with NTL lemme know and ill tell ya who i spoke to coz their CC sucks).

And markol is informing us of his lack of service from BT. I just dont think your comments help this guy at all. Clearly we are here to help one another no?

Or is this thread designed as an outlet for people on the service to bitch? Btw... this aint the first time you've done this.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Sapele

Yes I agree BT offer a lot of people a disgraceful level of service. Unfortunately even when your modem does arrive there’s no guarantee that your problems will end there. I find the idea of having to resort to their complaints dept before you even have the service up and running as slightly ridiculous. I hope you don't ever have to chase a billing problem or heaven forbid attempt to get a refund out of them because in my opinion their customer complaints are worse than their customer service.

Sapele wrote:
    because in my opinion their customer complaints are worse than their customer service.

Well then they must be doing something very badly wrong.
    I've been working in complaints for over 9 years now and we cant close a complaint till the business is satisfied. Thats just ****ed up.

Tech Pete wrote:
    I've been working in complaints for over 9 years now and we cant close a complaint till the business is satisfied. Thats just ****ed up.

Thats where the black hole exists...

Cust service and complaints keep telling us the billing problems are sorted.

But we cant confirm that till the next bill comes in 2 months, then its f##ked again.

I've spoken to cust service agents, cust service managers, complaints agents, complaints mamagers.....yet my bill is f##ked every time.

Besides breaking into BT, accessing the account myself, and fixing the dam thing, what is it you suggest I do???

Do you think 17 calls, 15 emails and 4 letters is sitting around bitching about it???

And as for bitching about BT....yes I will take every opportunity to do so, here and on the street. As often as I can and to as many people as I can..

NH

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Tech Pete wrote:

Can you not accept that your own work experience is totally irrelvant when it comest to the behaviour of another company? And as regards BT 'normal' standards appear to be totally alien to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spoof

I went through the same delays over two months in all, their help line said I did not place an order I did by email.they than place a new order When I got my modem I had to call again to activate my password even though it was right in the first place.what do you know a week later I GOT a second modem.I know from calling them the workers their all cover each others backs.But my question is how does the boss who ever he/she mybe make any money.Is it purly by overcharging?:) Ps tech pete shoud join BT he would fit in vry well.

Based on what these guys have said about their complaints department i sincerely doubt that. I'd have to force a shakedown or some such :)

Perhaps pistols at dawn? Cmon Bill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spoof

If you are stuck with bt for the moment and need help just call their business freephone 1800 924 924. They nearly always pass you straight over to a female rep in the customer care dept, It works for me. When told youre at the wrong number play dumb an they will put you through. If it does not always work be happy youre pissing them off for a change.:)

spoof wrote:
    If you are stuck with bt for the moment and need help just call their business freephone 1800 924 924. They nearly always pass you straight over to a female rep in the customer care dept, It works for me. When told youre at the wrong number play dumb an they will put you through. If it does not always work be happy youre pissing them off for a change.:)

It doesnt really matter who you speak to in there, regarding bills anyway.

All they do, wether its cust service, or complaints, is to send a message to billing.

These messages are then ignored....or f##ked up, or both.

Strange thing is, they will tell you that cust care and billing is all the same thing....

But surely somebody must be actually working in billing, or is it umpaloompas in the basement??

Nh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

pat mc cabe is in charge of billing

Sponge Bob wrote:

Would that be pat.mccabe ?

Nh

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:

The mind boggles that anyone is in charge of such a mess!

How long has he been 'in charge'?

Advertisement