Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Back Windows NCT

Options
  • 26-04-2006 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

The back window passenger side of my car doesnt wind up and down. Could anyone tell me if they could fail me for this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

FAIL, AFAIK. But the re-test would be free if it failed on this alone so stick it in.....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

1. go to www.ncts.ie and download the manual.
    2. if you read the above (pg 22/87) you will see...
    1. Check the condition and security of the windscreen and all side and rear windows.
    2. Check that where the windscreen is made of glass it is marked as safety glass.
    3. Check that there is an adequate view from the driving seat and that it is not interfered with by objects or stickers.
    4. Check that in the case of vehicles first registered on or after 1st January, 1986 the windscreen is made of laminated
    safety glass and marked as shown on the attached schedule I overleaf or to an equivalent standard.
    5. Where windscreens, side or rear windows are fitted with glazing material other than safety glass the vehicle owner
    shall provide a certificate from the manufacturer or installer stating that the glazing material is not likely, if
    fractured, to produce fragments capable of causing severe cuts.
    6. Check that the driver's window operating mechanism is functioning properly.
    Only the drivers window needs to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yup, if it was a legal requirement to have opening rear windows, where would that leave coupe and 3dr owners!

Advertisement