Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Sickness

• 26-04-2006 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi there

I've been back on land for over 24 hours now after being on a live-aboard in the red sea for four days. Had a touch of sea sickness when we were at sea but nothing major even though the sea was pretty choppy for the last three days.

Anyway - since I've been back on land I have symptoms like sea sickness - everything is moving, my balance is all over the place and I'm staggering around like a drunk and feeling nauseous.

Has anyone else got any experience of this? Can I expect it to pass soon? I'm on my own in Cairo and wondering if I should see a doctor....

The diving was amazing... will post some pics when I download them.

Shiv

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Shivvv wrote:
    Hi there

I've been back on land for over 24 hours now after being on a live-aboard in the red sea for four days. Had a touch of sea sickness when we were at sea but nothing major even though the sea was pretty choppy for the last three days.

Anyway - since I've been back on land I have symptoms like sea sickness - everything is moving, my balance is all over the place and I'm staggering around like a drunk and feeling nauseous.

Has anyone else got any experience of this? Can I expect it to pass soon? I'm on my own in Cairo and wondering if I should see a doctor....

The diving was amazing... will post some pics when I download them.

Shiv

If you suspect DCS then call a Doc straight away.

I've had land sickness a couple of times. Never the nausea though but definately the staggering. Recently i had it after a day we were out on a rib for about 6-7 hours.

It should pass soon... it will take your inner ear a while to get used to being solid ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Hope you used your dive tables and stuck to surface intervals?

Go to a doctor for you're own peace of mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Shivvv wrote:
    Has anyone else got any experience of this? Can I expect it to pass soon?

A day, maybe two or three. Like seasickness, outdoors is good! Avoid small spaces - shower cubicles are particularly nasty, for putting you offbalance.

Advertisement