Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with UTV Unlimited please..

• 26-04-2006 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

im thinkin of going unlimited with my utv broadband but im not sure of terms of service and stuff so im jus seein can yous make it clearer for me....

so
    1.> so for 6 euro extra a month i get to download as much as i want rite..theres no limits on my bandwidth??

2.> what exactly do utv do to heavy users durin peak times..they say restrict but what do they actually restrict..ur speeds?..or how much you can download in that givin time?

3.> (follow up from question 2)do they charge you extra if you go over the restrictions if they do restrict ur bandwidth by a cap and not your speeds....?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

You appear not to know the difference between bandwidth and transfer allowance.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth

As far as I know they will restrict your connection to a lower leverl....mabye 100kb/s or so if it impacts badly on other users.

Its only a guess as this "unlimited" package is stil very new and even some ISP's in the US have kicked customers from their network who have taken the "unlimited" context to the word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

ok thanks man..so they will jus lower my speed ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

iggyman wrote:
    ok thanks man..so they will jus lower my speed ye?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭callumk

They told me they'll only lower the speed if you go near 100Gb's which is very hard, I've tried and I got about 50Gb for the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

100GB....well then advertise it as a 100GB a month capped product and not unlimited!!!!

Oh and I can use 100GB a month without pushing myself too hard....but then I've got to pay for a REAL unlimited business DSL line!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭callumk

zuma wrote:
    100GB....well then advertise it as a 100GB a month capped product and not unlimited!!!!

Oh and I can use 100GB a month without pushing myself too hard....but then I've got to pay for a REAL unlimited business DSL line!!!
    But it isn't capped at that you can still use more but it will be slowed at peak times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

well ye i like the sound of this..might as well try it out..thanx lads

Advertisement