Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Employment

Options
  • 26-04-2006 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Anyone knows some good sites to start looking?

I've applied for loads of jobs but all the recruiters ring me back saying that they are 6 month or permenant contracts...etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sites as in websites or as in building sites?

For the former, www.irishjobs.ie always seems to be decent.
    I just heard back yesterday about my Summer job so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Unfortunately I think that by now most of the best ones are probably gone, but afair gradireland have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I got my job ages ago. You should hurry immigrants have taken lots of the jobs for students.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've got my 2 summer jobs sorted too :) Staying in the part-time job I've been in for 3 years, and doing an internship here in college.

I got my job ages ago. You should hurry immigrants have taken lots of the jobs for students.....

That was not meant to be racist. (just got heads up)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Most of the places that run summer programmes would have already filled their places. I got my place in PWC in early March.
    If you're looking for shop work, you'd probably get that, but then again, when I worked in a shop for summer work only a few years ago, the shop did all its recruiting before Easter.
    Depends what kinda job you're looking for really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

try www.nixers.ie/com and a lot of the shopd in dundrum seem to be looking for part-time staff if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

That was not meant to be racist. (just got heads up)

;)

Grimes wrote:
    ;)
    I see boards most belligerant bigot is back.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

I've applied for loads of jobs but all the recruiters ring me back saying that they are 6 month or permenant contracts...etc.
    thats fine! just go for the job, sign the contracts, work and quit whenever you want - just dont show up again! you wont get a reference. if tey come after you saying you signed a contract, just say you have 6months to live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I see boards most belligerant bigot is back.

(in big "african-american" mama voice) Oh No he'didenh !

I prefer sh*t stirrer or ripping pragmatist :D

On topic, anyone want a Job in the event security business PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I'm looking for a job with office hours but i haven't had much luck. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

I'm looking for a job with office hours but i haven't had much luck. Bah!
    u should ring the national gallery or dublin castle they are always looking for tour guides with art knowledge and the pay is great as far as i know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah i was thinking about doing that, but i thought they might all be gone. Might pop in to the NG tommorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i think its all cordinated from dublin castle but i could be wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Saw an ad on nixers that u can work as a games tester if you're fluent in English as well as French/Spanish/Italian/German. I'm not, but it sounds cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Stuff like that makes me wish I was a cunning linguist...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Call centres are always looking for employees, if you just want something for money. If you're looking for a proper job, it's very late! I'm too head-fúcked to look for anything, I can always stay in my current poo of a job and do some nixers on the side if I like, or keep it so I have a small income while I find something better... or move home for the summer. Oh the joys!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

What do you think about the civil service?
    http://www.revenue.ie/aboutus/tco.htm
    (deadline is 5:30pm today, Fri 28th)
    cunning linguist...
    mario_mustache_rides.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you live or can get to Clontarf area, try Conduit. They operate 11850.
    My friend worked there last summer and really liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Try your local County Council - normally quite light work and willing to take anyone half-decent on for the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

In that case your friend is a soulless freak. I've worked there. Nobody liked it. But it is a regular income.

Advertisement