Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona -v- AC Milan

• 26-04-2006 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Match at the Nou-Camp kicks off in just over an hour (19.45)

Everyone seems to have already forgotten about this one, saying Barca have already done enough, but it should be a great game. Milan really have to come out and attack, and that may perhaps leave space for Barcelona's attack to exploit.

I fully expect Barcelona to win, but you never know what could happen.

Its live on Net2 and Sky Sports 1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, I couldn't believe the amount of posts I saw last night that went along the lines of "Barcelona will destroy Arsenal" "Can't wait to see Arsenal play Barca" etc etc. Obviously Barca are favourites, but you can't discount Milan. Especially when they have a knack of pulling results out of the bag when they seem to be playing well below par. Like the PSV matches last season, or the second leg quarter against Lyon this season.
    I'll go for Barcelona to go through, but you can't just write off Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

at least we can expect a better match than that bore-fest of phoenix park football last night.

i wouldnt be suprised in the slightest if milan pull it off. infinatly more experienced than the barca team at this level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MIlan have never gone out of the champions league at the semi-final stage in their history....could tonight be their first night to do so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

why do the rte commentators sound like they are talking down their mobiles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

nurse_baz wrote:

Technical problems. I think it's great, reminds me of all the 80s European and international away games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Great chance inside 3 minutes for Eto'o. Ended in a great save from Dida, but it looks ominous. The lack of pace at the back for Milan could be their undoing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

nurse_baz wrote:

Yes, pretty crappy. And they're doing their usual "time lag" with the commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

6:21 Inzaghi off side

surprised it took so long :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

can't get tvants working :-( hoping to have it on in backround while workin on projects. ah well, bbc scrolling feed it is i guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good lively start, huge improvement over last nights game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Back to normal sound thank god. It was doin my head in.

Costacurta with a bad tackle on Etoo. Last man. He should have been sent off but only got a yellow card.

HT 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Barcelona are trying too hard, there doing alot of one touch stuff which isnt coming off for them, they should keep it simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

well that was a goal, stupid ref

Larsson with a great chance fromm a header. Either side of Dida and it would have been in. Good save though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The king is on.

Ronaldinho:
    "With Henrik leaving us at the end of the season this club is losing a great scorer, no question. But I am also losing a great friend. Henrik was my idol and now that I am playing next to him it is fantastic.

"He is a real friend and that is a pleasure. I just want to enjoy the remaining time he has with us rather than dwell on what we will be missing when he's gone.

"I haven't tried to convince Henrik to stay at Barcelona. I respect him so much that I can't try to influence his decision.

"It's something he has thought about for a long time. I'm not happy he's leaving but I'm not going to pressure him at all.

"At Henrik's age many players announce their retirement from international football but no one I know his age is at the great physical level Henrik is at right now. He could play at the highest level for a long time."

He got some reception when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Typical Marcus Merc, deciding matches with his imaginary fouls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Well done Barca.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

hope barca win the cup now they deserve it so do there world class players. seems henry might have stayed a season to long at arsenal IMO. just maybe though arsenal will win and suprise us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Well that was crap, from a Milan point of view. Ah well, Istanbul will have to wait until next year to be avenged. :(

Congratulations to Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Glad Barca went through. They were the better side, but that hasn't stopped Milan from progressing against teams before. Not to be this time.
    Arsenal vs. Barcelona.......if both teams play the way they traditionally do, should be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,060 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Congrats to Barca! Should be a class final, plenty of open attacking football (*fingers crossed*)

Hopefully by that point both teams will have squads fully recovered from injury. Would be nice if Messi could take part.

On that from Arsenals point of view, would Arsenal fans prefer to see players such as Ash Cole started if they were back fit? Or for Wenger to stick with the team of youngsters that got them there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Much more entertaining than last nights 0-0. Hopefully Barcelona will skelp Arsenal with the King getting one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Not the worst 0-0 in history alright! I'm hoping for a cracking final anyway.

Roll on May 17th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Amazing final. Couldn't think of a better one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Fix is all I have to say. UEFA wanted Barca in the final under any circumstances so they could have the dream final. The ref gave Milan nothing at all and disallowed Sheva's perfectly good goal.

UEFA also put a spell on the Barcelona players to ensure they could not score in a brothel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eirebhoy wrote:
    The king is on.

Ronaldinho:
    "With Henrik leaving us at the end of the season this club is losing a great scorer, no question. But I am also losing a great friend. Henrik was my idol and now that I am playing next to him it is fantastic.

"He is a real friend and that is a pleasure. I just want to enjoy the remaining time he has with us rather than dwell on what we will be missing when he's gone.

"I haven't tried to convince Henrik to stay at Barcelona. I respect him so much that I can't try to influence his decision.

"It's something he has thought about for a long time. I'm not happy he's leaving but I'm not going to pressure him at all.

"At Henrik's age many players announce their retirement from international football but no one I know his age is at the great physical level Henrik is at right now. He could play at the highest level for a long time."

He got some reception when he came on.

Did Larsson not retired from international football a couple o fyears back, and only came ack the the WC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

iregk wrote:
    Fix is all I have to say. UEFA wanted Barca in the final under any circumstances so they could have the dream final. The ref gave Milan nothing at all and disallowed Sheva's perfectly good goal.

I have a degree of agreement with you. The CL has been riddled since it started with "convenient" decisions and outcomes. I pine for the European Cup as it was - knockout, open draw, the best competition in the world. What's left is a sham.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Did Larsson not retired from international football a couple o fyears back, and only came ack the the WC?

He did, just before the last European Championships he agreed to come back for Sweden. He then scored the goal of the tournament with that fantastic diving header against Bulgaria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Barca v AC Milan was a better game than the Arsenal semi but also no goals. Milan had a few chances but Barca had the better chances and should have scored. So, it will be an Arsenal v Barca final, the one that was expected out of the last 4. If things continue to run with 'form on paper' it will be a final won by Barca, but football isnt played on paper and anything can happen in a final, as has been shown over the years, Brazil 0-1 Uruguay , Germany 3-2 Hungary, Wimbledon 1-0 Liverpool, etc!

Larsson was good again last night, and if any player who deserves a CL medal its him. I didnt realise that Ronaldinho was such a fan of his. Henry also deserves one, as does Ronaldinho, so something has to give. I also wonder will Messi be fit enough to return, and match ready.

Its set-up to be a good final, one where there has to be some goals. I dont expect a 3-3, but a 2-1 or 3-1 is on the cards. From a neutral's point of view I would like to see Barcelona do it, but I wouldnt be pissed off if Arsenal won it, at least not if it was fair and square, just hoping for an entertaining game.

redspider

Advertisement