Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vector art

Options
  • 26-04-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Hi im new to this section of the boards. I kept following the arrow and clicking on the creeping death section that is Animation ;)

I dabble in a bit of digital design/art in my spare time, some photo manipulation/restore, signatures, pixel art, wallpapers and occasionally skins for various apps.

Here is some attempts at vector art, posting the original and finished piece

edo16dn.jpg

vector0xz.jpg

ling3oi.jpg

front8dk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

there cool but in my opinion you need more depth, i love vectors, but i dont work from photos directly, i do line drawings (because its easier to add characters, edit thigs etc, and the finished piece looks better as a whole), photocopy them, then plan out my light sources etc, scan and begin vectorising.
    heres some stuff i've done below
    dj14gd.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

when you say you do line drawings, are you doing line drawings from scratch or are you doing a line drawing of a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Good stuff. Agree about the depth maybe, but I love vector drawings. Always looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

well i do a little bit of both, if i have an image or pose in my head, usually i rough sketch things, then i'lll get my mates and get them to pose, redraw those images/poses, compose my image again, then work on colours/lights sources and finally onto the computer, maybe some final colour editing, but most of it will be worked out before computer either on paper or in my head.
    also your images are very angular, use curved lines for shadows etc it looks more natural.

check out this link, you can see how vector images are built up

http://www.susannepaschke.com/

Advertisement