Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OU Diploma Continuation and UK Resident Pricing

Options
  • 25-04-2006 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey,Im hoping someone can answer some of my questions about the open uni.

Can I do an add on course to bring my current Diploma in Computer Programming to a degree? (Received Diploma in Carlow IT)

I was born in England and spent two yrs there. I have Irish Nationality and passport but if I moved there would I get it at the reduced rate English ppl get the courses at?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can I do an add on course to bring my current Diploma in Computer Programming to a degree? (Received Diploma in Carlow IT)

I was born in England and spent two yrs there. I have Irish Nationality and passport but if I moved there would I get it at the reduced rate English ppl get the courses at?

You would probably need to give us some more information on the institution you are intending to study with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

I was thinking along the lines of the open university,but I got on to one of their ppl and they say that Irish Republic citizens dont apply for the reduces rate

If you are living in Ireland when you are studying, you will pay the same fees as any other Irish OU student.

If you are living in the UK when studying, you will pay the UK rates. Irish/British - it doesn't matter - once your an EU citizen, it doesn't really matter what nationality you are, it just depends on where you are resident while studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Really? Cause I just got my bit of advice from a girl in Ireland doing an OU course, jeez if I could get it at a reduced rate cause I was currently living in the UK that would be well cool

Not so much "reduced" as just "less" than what OU students in Ireland pay, as naturally, the UK government subsidise the fees for those who are resident in the UK

• Advertisement
Advertisement