Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Pet wrote:
    Yes, stargal has nice hair, Andrew too. Both have SUSPICIOUSLY shiny hair, now that I think about it.
    Actually, yes: it is quite suspicious. It must be whatever shampoo they use. By golly, they're worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Thank you Pet and europerson *feels slightly mollified but waits for Ibid to retract his statement*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Ibid.....

hell hath no fury like a woman score....

( also, she's from the northside)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭KamikazeBananze

hell hath no fury like a woman score....

ScorneD, surely...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

woops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

stargal wrote:
    Thank you Pet and europerson *feels slightly mollified but waits for Ibid to retract his statement*
    I apologise sincerely, m'dear.

Perhaps my Anchorman reference (journalist, "bad hair") was too subtle for you and your dirty, *expletive I'll get banned for* mouth :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

You're so wise Ibid. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair. ;)

Oddly enough, don't think I would have minded the 'dirty, whorish mouth' comment (it's ok, you can say it!). It'd be more accurate than saying I have bad hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Anyone have any trouble with their js timetable. Only four of the five subjects I choose are on it. Investment analysis isnt there. Is this becuase of clashes(Id be surpirsed as my subjects comliment each other pretty well) or are they not doing the course?

It's most likely due to a clash. I had to drop it. A few of the courses are clashing.

It's most likely due to a clash. I had to drop it. A few of the courses are clashing.

Sh1t! I was looking forward to that course. Is the timtable up anywhere on the net? The one with all the courses and times not just my personal TT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

You should have got an e-mail to your TCD address explaining why only four of your five choices would be up: yes, it is due to clashes. Check the mail for more information about what to do.

europerson wrote:
    You should have got an e-mail to your TCD address explaining why only four of your five choices would be up: yes, it is due to clashes. Check the mail for more information about what to do.

Yeah I got that E-mail Europerson. Also anyone know when we officialy start? Monday, tuesday,wednesday or have we been back three weeks already and I just dont know about it? Thanks.

Normal lectures resume on Monday for everyone bar some in Health Sciences, Teachers, Postgrads and a few pockets of other courses.

Would anyone be able to tell me what times the investment analysis lectures are on at? Thanks.

Lectures are Wednesday at 5 and Friday at 1. Tutorial is Thursday at 1.

Timetable isn't up on web yet, should be here http://www.shs.tcd.ie/current_students/BESS/index.php . Wonder what so pressing during the summer that they weren't able to put up or detect clashes in the timetable until the Friday before term starts. Economics department seemed shocked to find out on Friday that times of their courses were clashing.

No-one is around during the summer, and apart from that there is no co-ordinated effort for a multi-school course anymore because the focus (and money) is with individual schools. If you are annoyed at this, e-mail the following address:

provost@tcd.ie

will do

Lectures are Wednesday at 5 and Friday at 1. Tutorial is Thursday at 1.

Is there only one tutorial illegalheadbutt? That and my mathematical economics tutorial is clashing. Probably the two courses I was looking most forward too.:mad:

Yes, only one. My problem too. Complain to Economics Department. More complaining=higher chance of changing times, or so I was told by the secretary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 BessBoy

Some JS courses seem to be on the SS list. Econometrics and Applied Finance. Worth doing any of those in SS?
    Plus the lateness really fries my yams..... Just in time management gone mad. But at least we're 78!!!!!..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I'm JS and I'll be doing Applied Finance in SS. I was talking to Dr. Lucey, the lecturer about it. It's a new thing they're doing, seeing as it doesn't require any pre-requisites. I spoke to a former BESS student who says that it's quite a good course and it'd be good to do in SS because one would naturally work harder in SS than JS and with a final year work-ethic it's very manageable to get a good grade in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Right_Side

The whole apparant clash between Investment Analysis and Mathematical Economics is a joke. Doesn't effect me but I wouldn't be happy if it did. Two subjects that really compliment each other as well.

And whats the deal with Wednesdays, 9am-7pm with a 7 hour gap!

I think from hilary term the mathematical economics tutorial is friday at two, which would free up thursday at one for the investment analysis tutorial. Ive checked and theres no other major subjects on at two on friday, so Im gonna have a word with the ME lecturer tomorrow and see if anything can be done there (Although Im not holding my breath, surely they wouldnt set the timetable like that if the prof. was free at that time, would they?). If you want to join me illegalheadbutt and anyone else this effects it might make a stronger statement. Strength in numbers and all that.

He said he'll ask everyone at the next lecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Changing the topic a bit, but was anyone here at the SF Organisational Behaviour lecture? Absolutely mad.:D I walked in a bit late to see a couple of guys pretending to hump each other on a chair, on the Ed Burke podium. Organised madness with chairs ensued for a long time. Strangest lecture I've ever been to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

Troglodyte wrote:
    Changing the topic a bit, but was anyone here at the SF Organisational Behaviour lecture? Absolutely mad.:D I walked in a bit late to see a couple of guys pretending to hump each other on a chair, on the Ed Burke podium. Organised madness with chairs ensued for a long time. Strangest lecture I've ever been to....

oh wow yes that O.B. lecture was actually hilariously funny! completely random tho! i mean the lecturer is a tad scary, and was especially so when he was removing those from the back rows and sending them to the front but i mean the chair exercise?? priceless!

I take it that Geard McHugh (I think thats what his name was) is no longer taking those lectures...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

one of them judges in that lecture was well sexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

I take it that Geard McHugh (I think thats what his name was) is no longer taking those lectures...

You guessed right. It's pretty impossible to imagine McHugh presiding over such glorious insanity. On a seperate note, can someone confirm that Gerard McHugh is interested in running for Trinity Senator someday? Heard that rumour last year, and I reckon he'd be pretty good at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

one of them judges in that lecture was well sexy!

ha ha nice try brian!!!!

yea personally i thought one of them was a drunken mess who sends random texts to poor innocent people!!!:D

Advertisement