Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

how does weather affect results?

how does weather affect results?

I was joking to show how the information I'm putting up was accurate as to when I received the information, and is subject to any and all change. Weather, being something which changes from minute to minute, was a suitable comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Subtle humour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

John2 wrote:
    Subtle humour

*nods towards thread title*

Myths repetroire may be better appriciated else where.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

also, results are only posted on the net correct? they not posted? yes no?

also, results are only posted on the net correct? they not posted? yes no?

Not posted, but are available on noticeboards and on http://www.tcd.ie/Examinations/Results/. Your name won't be up, just your student number.

Myth wrote:
    Not posted, but are available on noticeboards and on http://www.tcd.ie/Examinations/Results/. Your name won't be up, just your student number.

go raibh mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

go raibh mile!
    ...maith agat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

europerson wrote:
    ...maith agat?
    'Go raibh míle' is a perfectly acceptable abbreviation (in Dublin at least).

• Advertisement

'Go raibh míle' is a perfectly acceptable abbreviation (in Dublin at least).

here here! its perfectly acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i've never heard that phrase before..........

here here! its perfectly acceptable
    I did agree with you.

I did agree with you.

Yeah and she's agreeing with you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

"Hear, hear" would be agreement. "Here here" sounds more like protest. That's how I read it, anyway.

John2 wrote:
    Yeah and she's agreeing with you
    Sorry, I took 'here, here' to be giving out as opposed to 'hear, hear' which would mean that she liked what I said.

EDIT: exactly what Pet said.

When I see two hears/heres I take it as hear hear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Out here in the cunthry, we say "Ah here here.." if someone says something unreasonable. But you wouldn't know that, you big jackeen.

Pet wrote:
    Out here in the cunthry, we say "Ah here here.." if someone says something unreasonable. But you wouldn't know that, you big jackeen.

You're right, I live in the part of the country that has the electric and a sewage system.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

So the issue is where is here when one hears hear hear?

Seems simple enough to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'm from the country and i must say i only recognise hear hear as agreement , where as Ah hear would be dissenting...

where as Ah hear would be dissenting...
    That's "ah, here", no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

No! I'll need them alive to help me with what ever new evil technology throws at me (my trusty CS Bail-Me-Out Student graduated. The selfish bastard ;)). Which reminds me... Neil, come here and fix my failed Hard Drive please. I have all the tools a CS student needs: IDE Cables, screwdrivers, beer and sheep's blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hrmm...sheeps blood is a tasty drink when i'm trying to fix computers. now, back on topic - Welcome newbies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Damn, no new BESSheads yet. Soon...soon. Still, welcome to the rest of ye. I guess you'll do for now.

Quick question; was looking at the point sheets and saw; shock horror; that BESS was gone.

Its now just 'Business'

I know that this is a result of college restructuring, but does that mean that the first years don't do the 'Intro to Sociology/Politics/Economics/Business' anymore? Are they just doing Org. Mgmt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Danger Bob

Relax! It's not gone. There was a communication error between our admissions office and the CAO. I noticed that in the Times on Monday morning (you always check your own course) and gave the college Admissions Office a shout and they sorted it out.

You can see our wonderful BESS reinstalled on the corrected list at this address: http://websr1.cao.ie/institutions/lvl8_06.htm#trd

Phew!

Damn. One can but hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Is that up or down on last year? Can't even remember what the points were when I joined.

Advertisement