Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing Broadband test in a broadband area

• 26-04-2006 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hello
    New member here. I am trying to get broadband but found that my line was failing the prequal test, I recently found out that my neighbours lines are passing (subject to confirmation). I rang eircom and they said there was nothing they could do. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to help pass the test. I heard about removing phones and other equipment from the line, does anyone know if this works? Or if there is anyone in eircon I can annoy to find out what the problem is?
    Any Help would be appreiciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

By removing everything from your line you are eliminating them as a possible cause for the failure. If your heighbour is "subject to confirmation" then you're probably borderline aswell.
    Go to www.netsource.ie and check your number. The result should give you the last test date. The tests are done around the same time each month so you'll know roughly when the next test will be done and have your line clear.
    Drop an email daily to phil.nolan@eircom.ie aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you're really desperate you can also try to isolate the master socket by disconnecting all other sockets, if you have more than one.

I doubt you'll find anyone in eircom who will tell you anything of use. I suppose you could try mentioning that your neighbour can get it. You should also ask if you have a carrier on the line and if this why you're failing. eircom has been known to [re]move them if they get a broadband order. I believe they are now obliged to inform you of a carrier, thanks to our regulator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Blaster99 wrote:
    I eircom has been known to [re]move them if they get a broadband order. I believe they are now obliged to inform you of a carrier, thanks to our regulator.

Hello Just to update ye. I found out that I definatly had a splitter on the line I got talking to a very helpful and man from customer care, he pulled a few strings and got the splitter removed, i am now waiting for the line check to
    be done and he said that if it doesnt pass to ring him and he'll see what he can do, so fingers crossed.

If anyone wants his number pm me.

Advertisement