Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAVE me alone TalkTalk

Options
  • 26-04-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭

Ok TalkTalk will just not stop ringing me! About 15 times in the last month. On every occasion I have explicity told them never to ring me again and to delete my contact details from their database. On each occasion I was assured that they would not ring again. I have threatened legal action but this has still not stopped them.
    What are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I tried to sell them something once... "Have you any paintings on your wall? I'm an artist and I'm sure you'd love my stuff... no, wait, listen - let me tell you about it..."

Or pretend to be a Johovah's Witness and convert them...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I no there is a service that perlico do call NDD database where you wont recieve any unwanted calls. Not to sure how to get added onto it besides via Perlico

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

I was reading this on askcomreg.ie but I'm wonderin if I am already on their(TalkTalks) list, how is this service going to stop them calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I phoned eircom on 1901 (I still pay them line rental) and they put me on the NDD database. After that ALL the calls stopped. I was getting about 2-3 calls a week but it stopped completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Same problem here for a while, calls from perlico, talktalk, imagine and someone else too. Kept calling back, when we asked to be removed they'd usually hang up in a strop.

So a few strongly worded emails to the following and its cleared up now:
    customercare@perlico.com
    customerservice@Imagine.ie

and there's a contact form here for the TalkTalk crowd https://eservice1.vteurope.com/mytalktalk_ie/contact.asp

be polite, tell them you have no intention of changing your account now or ever and you're a 100% satisfied eircom/smart/utv/whoever customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Savman wrote:
    be polite, tell them you have no intention of changing your account now or ever and you're a 100% satisfied eircom/smart/utv/whoever customer
    That's great savman thanks for the link...see what happens now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

ok, same problem with a twist - I am a talktalk customer (only for the 13636 service for international calls) - but they call me 4 times a week to try and convert me to their landline deal - is there a way to stop this? At least they are "nice" and their number comes up on the display so I can ignore it, but it's still annoying...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

galah wrote:
    - is there a way to stop this?

see www.dataprivacy.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Spongey Bobby means www.dataprivacy.ie .

Advertisement