Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help

Options
  • 26-04-2006 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

i'm totally new to this whole digital design thing.Im asking for help,no one has to so no complaints please.

im trying to do a logo(well kind of,more of a graphic)to have on the big screen of a pub)so it has to be good enough resolution.its for
    " Michaels
    Bar and Restaurant",
    has anyone got any ideas on what program to use n how to use it etc
    if anyone could put together a quick job id be very grateful.
    preferably a dark/black backround because it will be on a big screen an irish flag wouldn't go astray either.
    thanks a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

another day, another person on this forum looking for someone to work for free.

hybrid, how do you make beer? whats involved? if you could throw me a few free pints on saturday night i'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 _hybrid_

another day,another moaning asshole who searches around the forums for things to moan about.as i said you dont have to help and in fact you didnt even have to read the post after seeing the "need help" title but you did because you saw it as an opportunity to moan and probably because you couldnt help even if you wanted to.

to future moaners-don't

to everyone else as i said no one has to do **** i'd just be very grateful,im in a bit of a fix.thanks

hah,

i am willing to help. if you read this forum, i do help. i wont do your work for you for free. post reported, say bye bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Bullplop _hybrid_.

How could you miss this thread? One has to assume that you saw it but chose to ignore it. In which case you wanted a logo done for free but with the pretence of innocence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Abby D Cody

A lot of people on these boards ask for help, and there's nothing wrong in that. I read your message because if I can help, I usually do (unlike, perhaps, some other correspondents) A lot of these "people who ask" haven't any money, it isn't their fault. If you aren't being paid for a job, but you're willing to have a go, there's no reason you shouldn't see if anyone is good and kind and generous enough to give you a bit of a technical assist. I've worked in low-budget movies, I know how things are done. Sure, we all do it. It's related to the bartering system. No doubt, you'll credit the artist so he can get a paying job from it some time. Or, as I thought heggie was going to say, you'll buy him a drink when the gig's over.

I'd be happy to do it for you. Seriously, in some lights I have the aspect of a saint. I won't do it, though, because you said a word that would have taken six stars to cover up and another that took four and I'm a prude. That plus the fact that fancy lettering can be so ***** boring to do.

So here's my help:

This isn't anything you can't use WordArt in WORD to do, then throw in a bit of clip-art. It'll take you ten minutes to generate the image, another hal-hour to export it as a gif or jpg or whatever and load it as a screen-saver. How that goes on a telly, I don't know unless you have the gear to record the composite out of your computer onto the DVD or whatever. Maybe that's a question for someone else to answer - possibly even the manager at the pub.

If you want it animated, type the text into that weavy-wavy screensaver in Windows (I don't know what it's called, I've more sense than to use virus-magnet Windows as an operating system).

If you want to get flash about it, use Gimp (it's free) or Blender (for 3D, also free) and read some of the tutorials you can get online.

It's probably taken me longer to write this reply than it would have to do the fckuing job in the first place. Seriously, it's that simple. Switch on your pentium and get cracking. You'll have fun. Beginners always do.

Kisses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ahh Jayzis lads
    hitlereyes2fa.gif

The guy just needs a quick hand. Here you go hybrid, I'm really sorry if the quality is low due to compression, but if you need it larger and at a better resolution let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

now im not jumping down your throat here, but are you getting paid to do the logo?

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah i don't understand hybrid, your post starts off looking for help and assistance, and then ends with a blatant request for someone else to do the job for you.

Are you actually looking to get into Digital Design, or are you just looking for a freebie so you can take all the money for this job for yourself?

not to mention personal abuse, cant believe this thread is still open

no i am not getting paid to do this logo.i am doing the music in a pub for the summer(getting paid for that).i am trying to fiddle around with ideas for the big screen,visualisations etc.i thought a logo or something of the sort would be good to have on the screen when im working on something.i am not going to get paid any extra because i have a logo,i just thought it would be a nice touch.if its any consellation i am getting paid peanuts for doing a good job,its the best i can do in america though.as far as help i was asking either someone to do something for me or give me some basic advise on how to get started.i am good with paint( i know its a **** program) and found those links to fonts very useful,and no i hadn't seen thosethreads before i only joined the forum 2 weeks ago.thanks a lot for the help man.
    i can understand peoples aggression now when i think of it from their perspective,but i am a skint college student trying to make enough to survive a summer in america not some scrounging person trying to ride other people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

send me a pm, ill sort you out

mark

that an apology?

take it for what it says dont try to get me to apologise for it.everything i wanted to say is in the previous message

great, well im still waitin for a mod to give u a ban for a personal insult

we'll see

Advertisement