Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Eircom to NTL

• 26-04-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Just wondering whats involved? I'm on eircom home pro, 3/384 and was thinking of switching to the NTL max pack. Don't know if it's in my area yet (D14, beside UCD), but I was wondering whats involved in terms of cancelling with Eircom etc.

I already have an NTL TV service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Nothing. NTL use cable. Apply for that and if you can get it cancel Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I realise that they use cable as opposed to DSL with eircom, but I was wondering whats involved in terms of contract with eircom. I've been with them I think 2 and a half years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

mloc wrote:
    I realise that they use cable as opposed to DSL with eircom, but I was wondering whats involved in terms of contract with eircom. I've been with them I think 2 and a half years.

Check your contract. ;)

It should be a year or less. It's just matter of calling them to cancel. You could even look at VOIP to cancel your Eircom line all together.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mloc wrote:

Once you have completed your initial contract its usually a months notice after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

ah good stuff. does anyone know what kind of hardware ntl give? just wondering because ive a rather complicated network at home, wondering how it will fit in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mloc wrote:
    ah good stuff. does anyone know what kind of hardware ntl give? just wondering because ive a rather complicated network at home, wondering how it will fit in.

A DOCSIS 2 cable modem with one ethernet port and one USB port. You can request and some people get a 4 port wireless router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 antsiou

bk wrote:
    A DOCSIS 2 cable modem with one ethernet port and one USB port. You can request and some people get a 4 port wireless router.
    Hi BK,

Do you how how to proceed to get this wireless router, and if I can find the inforamtion somewhere over the net, in a brochure???

Thanks

Advertisement