Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC:tito vs shamrock is cancelled...its gonna be shamrock vs griffin

• 26-04-2006 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

THE FOLLOWING NEWS COMES DIRECTLY FROM WWW.MMANEWS.COM

UFC president Dana White recently did an interview with the Carmichael Dave radio show out of Sacremento, California. White let a number of juicy newsworthy items out of the bag, and here's a brief breakdown of them:

-Tito Ortiz pulled out of his scheduled rematch with Ken Shamrock immediately after the Forrest Griffin fight. Dana never gave a reason, but said "it's always something with him" referring to Ortiz's antics when it comes to matchmaking. It's more than likely related to Tito's injuries, but that was never even mentioned by the UFC president.

-Forrest Griffin got wind of the above news, and called Dana White and personally requested the fight against Ken Shamrock and got it. Dana White confirmed the fight is a go for the UFC 61 show on July 8 at the Mandalay Bay.

-The main-event of UFC 61 will be Tim Sylvia vs. Andrei Arlovski III, for Sylvia's UFC Heavyweight championship.

read the full article by going to http://www.mmanews.com/article/147850530.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its a big money fight although I think Tito v Ken with the build up they would have had given ultimate fighter 3 would have been bigger.

I'd go for Forest in that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I expected Tito to have to pull out after his injury. I'd probably nearly prefer this match! I'd go with Shamrock for some reason. I'd have liked to see him beat Ortiz, this'll probably be tougher

Arlovski should be in top form for his match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I don't see Shamrock taking Forrest. Shamrock has had some pretty tough times of late, he got rock by Saku and went down pretty easy to a "soft shot" from Franklin then got his head done in.

I don't seem him being able to put a leg lock on Forrest either , hard to submit a guy who survived Horn and Monson.

All in all, i can see Forrest taking this one, but then I saw Forrest taking Tito as well.

As for Arlovski vs Sylvia 3, i can see Andrei taking it, no offence to Tim but he hadn't hurt Andrei with the punch, merely stunned and the bodies feel his way. I think Arlovski underestimated Tim and that was his problem.

Sylvia may just have cost himself the belt by being so eager to jump back in the cage and "prove himself a worthy champ."

I just hope the rest of the card backs up these two fights as they do have the potential to be really decent.

Advertisement