Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could this work?

Options
  • 26-04-2006 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    first sorry for my bad english, I hope u understand everything...
    My dad is building/making architectial models for builing companies and private persons in Germany and other European Countries. Could there be a market in Ireland, too?
    Here is his website(yeah I know its all in German, just ask, if you want me to translate it). have a look and the pics and you'll know what he's doing.(klick on "Modelle" and under the headlines you find different kinds of models)

http://www.haus-modelle.de/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

If his work is good and cheaper than irish companies offering this service then he may get business here. im sure there is plenty of competition here with our building boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

If his work is good and cheaper than irish companies offering this service then he may get business here. im sure there is plenty of competition here with our building boom.

I second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i thrid that, some great designs and models.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

he needs large builders, start with Ballymore, Zoe, Castlethorn , McInerney, Sisk, O Malley (Galway)

if they say no then WHY do they say no

serwus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

There are some well-established big firms in the field in Ireland already and they are operating at a pitch well in advance of those examples on the above site, in my opinion.

Modelworks are probably the most well known firm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Go to the modelmaking firms in Ireland. If they are busy, they will sub to him. There are just not that many skilled modelmakers in this country.

I would say that your father's style might be different from these companies and might need some adjusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Nice website - impressive! I'd say your Dad could do business alright.

Contact the builders mentioned above directly !

My only reservation is that there's a lot of red tape in Germany and your Dad mightn't realise that things happen quickly in Ireland. He'd need to be very responsive to requests.

Advertisement